#19

Nitya settles on her bed and takes a deep breath after finishing her chores. She has just showered, so the fragrance of lavender body wash is still lingering around her. She picks up her phone and at the same time, it starts ringing, and her sister’s name flashes on the screen. A smile makes way on Nitya’s face, and she immediately attends the call. She replies cheerfully, but there’s no response from the other end. Nitya understands that something has happened with her sister.

“Ruhana! Kuch toh bol! Kya ho gaya?”

“Tune phir se kisi se ladai ki? Ya Dad ne dant diya?”

When Ruhana doesn’t reply, Nitya cuts the call and dials her sister again, a video call. After a couple of rings, Ruhana picks up the call, and Nitya can make out from her expression that something is wrong. Maybe, their fathers might have scolded her. But, no? Their dads are immensely loving, and their moms can scold them for once, but neither Sanjeev nor Anoop scolds them.

“Dad ne kuch keh diya? Tu mujhe batayegi hua kya hai?” Nitya asks gently, peering at her sister through the phone screen.

“Kuch toh bol!” Nitya chides her and this time Ruhana glances at her.

“Ladai ho gai. Tum keh rahi thi na bina baat kisi se mat lado, lekin aaj kisi ne bina wajah mujhse ladai ki.” Ruhana says, her tone coated with annoyance. ...

“Arey, kisne ladai ki? Kahin tu phir se usse ” She’s not finished speaking, and Ruhana interrupts.

“Haanji, Vahi! Mr. Vineet Singhania! Unko mujhse ladne ke alawa aata hi kya hai?” Ruhana shows her annoyance, while Nitya gently asks about the details of the situation that led them to argue.

Ruhana reminisces the vivid memory of her argument with Vineet.

Since Ruhana has started CrossRoads Fashion Studio, she solely handles the fashion business and works with her dads too. One day, while at a conference, she comes face-to-face with Vineet Singhania. They only exchange pleasantries with each other. The conference is organized by a company, ModeMosaic Studio, and for it, both Vineet and Ruhana are competing through their respective businesses. They have given their best pointers, and the point of discussion is about advertising practices. Vineet believes that manipulative strategies are more beneficial in boosting sales, and honest advertisements may hamper the profits that they can make. As the company gears up for the discussion, Ruhana keeps her point in front of the board members.