COMMENT STRUCUTRE

Here is an example of a proper comment structure you can follow. This is to ensure that your comments are helpful to your partner. Kindly do not just do the assignment for the sake of it. Please follow the structure properly to maintain the authenticity and the main aim of the book club.

EXAMPLE OF INLINE COMMENTS:

↪ This sounds like an interesting start. You've given just the right amount of information here.

↪ I like this character's introduction. However, I would suggest you refrain from telling everything in one scene. Divide it into parts.

↪ Nice world-building here. It gives us a clear visual of the settings.

↪ Oh no! (character's name) shouldn't go there, it's dangerous.

↪ I believe you've missed a comma/period here. And, the usage of synonyms would be nice, since using the same word twice in the same line sounds off.

These are a blend of appreciative (reactionary) comments and critical ones. Emojis don't count toward a comment. Neither do words like 'nice', 'aww', 'cool' etc.

The number of inline comments depend on the number of words in that respective chapter.

>> Ideally, if the chapter has 1K+ words, you have to add at least three inline comments.

>> Chapters with less than 500 words won't be counted as a chapter.

EXAMPLE OF OVERALL COMMENT:

Overall, to start with, I loved this start. It gives us a perfect sense of mystery and evokes interest to read further. What I liked the most here is how descriptive the scenes are. Nice visuals!

However, I found the characters slightly bland as compared to the scenes. There is a scope for adding some strong physical descriptions/expressions, to make your characters stand out more. There are a few punctuation errors as well, you can easily spot them in one reading.

Lastly, my only suggestion would be to work on the characters and technical parts of this chapter. Excited to read more. Good job!
#ERBC

This is an example of how your overall comment should look like. The overall comment has to show the good aspect of the chapter, the points that need work, and the overall impression. This comment, undoubtedly, will help the writer in understanding a new person's perspective and this will help them improve. Make sure to use the tag #ERBC in the overall comment. You don't have to use this in the inline comments.

ADDITIONAL POINT: Forewords, author's note, character sketches, aesthetics, playlist, etc at the start of a book do not count as a chapter. Start your assignment from the first proper chapter (either the prologue or the first chapter).

_______

Drop your questions here, if you've any ---------->>