10 - ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ: i hope you all are enjoying the book so far! i try my best to add some original stuff to it, so it doesn't feel like i'm just straight-up copying the game. (ꉺᗜꉺ)

thank you all for the support!

☕✩°。 ⋆⸜ 🍂✮🤎

- ᴅᴇᴄᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 8ᴛʜ, ꜰʀɪᴅᴀʏ

*ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ*

there is no way in hell that i'm risking my general well-being just for bettering the company, not after that stunt that...that weirdo pulled my past two shifts! reina was kind enough to give me funahashi senpai's phone number. hesitantly, i rang him and held up my device to my ear, waiting for him to pick up, but there is always the chance that he's not working today and if he's not, then he's most likely sleeping in, but if he is, then he probably won't have his phone on him.

"hello?" his voice cut my train of thought off, making me flinch slightly.

"hi, senpai. it's y/n." i greeted him.

"y/n...uh," i could hear him scratch his head. "why are you calling me? is something wrong?" this almost made me upset, him having to ask me that question. just goes to show that he has yet to review the cctv footage.

"i was wondering if it would be alright if i could take today off..." i mumbled.

"you know the rules. i can't do that." funahashi senpai replied. should've known that he was going to say that. but after a long pause, he continued, saying, "i know it's none of my business and i don't get paid enough to care, but is there any reason why you want to take today off?"

i didn't know where to start, in all honesty...

"wait. is this because of what you told me yesterday? about you thinking that you have a stalker?" funahashi senpai spoke up. thank goodness, he remembered. i let out a small hum to confirm this. "did something happen?" he pressed on for more answers.

"um, yeah, actually. just...review the footage from when my shift was almost over from last night and that should tell you everything you need to know. i don't want to keep you on the phone too long." i explained.

he let out an exasperated sigh. "would it make you feel better if someone was there with you?" he questioned, but the answer should seem obvious enough.

"yes." i eagerly answered.

"fine," funahashi senpai replied. "i'll see if i can do a double today..." he seemed upset about having to work a longer day, almost like he wasn't telling me something. don't tell me that he had plans today. if he did, they most likely concerned reina.

"is that a problem?" i raised a brow, pressing my phone closer to the side of my face. if it was too much to ask, then he could always just pick someone else to do the shift with me.

it's not that hard.

"no, it's all good," funahashi senpai reassured. and from what sounds in the background of the call, he should be heading back to work. "i'll see you in a few, alright?" he took the reigns of the conversation once more to wrap things up himself.