28 | concert

akari

as i arrive at the concert spot, i notice jake staring down at his phone. my lips curve into a slight smile then i make my way to him. it was 5 pm and the sky was already getting darker in shade. he is too busy to notice me so i snap my fingers in front of his eyes.

"hey! you're already here," jake smiles at me and puts his phone back to his jean's pocket.

"shall we go inside then?" i ask him. "yes, let's go."

the place is a bit crowdy, and as a result, it's hard for us to stand here for a moment longer.

as strangers were passing by us, i notice a familiar figure.

"YOU?" we both shout at the same time.

what is nishimura riki doing here? i mean he probably came here to watch the concert but-

my thoughts were interrupted when he dared to speak.

"what are you doing here?" he furrows his eyebrows.

oh god, this is gonna be a long night.

that's when jake clears his throat and speaks out,

"actually... i invited him too."

of course.

sim jaeyun didn't tell me that it was just the two of us. why do i have to see his face every day? and after what happened i can't bear to speak to him again.

"i also invited jieun. but i guess she won't come," jake shrugs.

yeah, sure. i don't think she wants to see my face.

"shall we wait for her then?" i utter.

"i don't think so. it's getting busier here. we should probably head inside," jake says as he leads us to our seats.

i didn't expect niki to be so silent with me suddenly. but that's for the better if i had to say.

gosh, the embarrassment is eating me up. being surrounded by the boy i mistakenly flirted with and the boy i was supposed to. my life feels like a useless piece of trash that can not be recycled. that much useless i am.

i checked my watch shortly.

5:12 pm.

i mentally slap myself. it feels like the time is joking with me right now.

"are you okay, akari?" jake asks me. why did he ask though? am i looking like i'm not?

"ye-yeah. obviously," i awkwardly laugh. i hear his phone ringing when he says,

" i'll be right back!" jake leaves us as he passes the exit.

even though it was a lot crowdy and there were loud noises, music being played, the silence between niki and i was so strong as if i could hear a pin drop.

i pretend to sing along the singers even though i don't know the lyrics.

"wrong lyrics," the blonde boy chuckles. "uh, like you know the lyrics," i roll my eyes at him.

"yes, i do."

one of the boys of the band notices me and smiles at me. i was left flustered for a moment but i smile back.

"gosh, you are so popular. aren't you?"

"i'm just too pretty to not be noticed."
-

jake suggests us that we should have dinner together after the concert. i just wanted to go home as soon as possible but he insists so i have to join them now.

"let's order the food. what do you wanna eat?" jake asks us while searching through the menu.

"anything is fine with me," i tell him while niki just shrugs.

"you wore the necklace. it looks so good on you," jake smiles at me. 

i could feel niki's annoying stare at my neck. i glare at him while he just clears his throat and moves his head in the opposite direction. 

i see someone making his way to jake's as they both hug. "yo, bro. long time no see!" 

i don't recognize him though. i watch them as they make their way to our table. 

"hey, guys. it's bang chan. he's my friend from australia," jake cheerfully mentions. 

"i didn't know you are visiting korea. you should have told me!" 

"hello, i'm akari. nice to meet you, bang chan!" i greet him as we both stand up from our chair. 

"and i'm niki."

"yeah, they are my friends. uh, more like jieun's friends," he chuckles. "so they are like my younger brother and sister," jake looks at me and smiles. i just nod.

sister? did he just sisterzone me?

________________________