Epilogue

✧.* Aurora ✧.*

One year had passed since I moved in with Jade and started a new job at one of Quebec City's hospitals.

To be honest, it wasn't simple to locate a new job and leave the old one. After confessing to each other in the car, Jade and I agreed to move in together after a week of him staying at my house. I couldn't tell Jade to drop everything and come live with me because he has a business with his brothers where he resides. He was even willing to do it when I didn't say anything, but it would have implied that I was being selfish, and the latter, where I could start a new job, seemed to be the easier option.

I had already submitted my resume on internet job-seeking sites with a preference for Quebec City and applied for a notice period where I worked by the time we decided on me moving in with Jade. Given that the city already had a high level of competence in any field, it took me six months to find a job in Quebec, but one day I received a call from one of the city's top-ranked hospitals that they were willing to hire me as a therapist in their organization with a raise compared to my previous salary. I quickly accepted the offer.

When asked why I wanted to leave my previous job, I simply stated that staying in Quebec extended my perspective and that I wanted to work outside of my comfort zone to get new experiences. Because I had no negative history with them, they decided to let me resign. I also didn't think it was important to tell my previous supervisors about my personal life because my interaction with them was strictly professional.

Moving in with Jade was an entirely new chapter in my life that I was looking forward to. Christian offered both me and Jade a new apartment in The Empyrean as a congratulatory gift for my new job and to kick off our relationship as soon as I moved to Quebec.

I invited everyone to our housewarming party, including my mother, Rachel, and Nick. When we were all dancing, I recall my mother crying quietly, away from everyone's sight. When I questioned her slowly what had happened, she would just respond that I will find out after I became a mother.

I was on a cloud. I couldn't believe the chapter of my life that I thought would never begin was actually starting.

The chapter of love.

Jade began working for his firm with his brothers, and I couldn't be happier to see him and Christian getting along so well after everything they've been through. We all spent time together on vacations when I and Jade didn't have any other plans, and I loved every minute of it.

"Ugh! I'm going to die here." Rachel's voice boomed in my cabin; her face distorted in pain as she groaned in front of the camera that showed the ongoing video call we were having.

"You are overreacting." I said, removing my lab court before hanging it on the hook. "It's just been a year since we met, Rach, not a lifetime."

"Easy for you to say, as you have other activities to do while you are free." I rolled my eyes as she quoted the word other with her fingers, knowing just what she meant. "But I am alone here now, and you were my only happiness." Her lips curved into a pout.

"Have you stopped dating guys, and are you flirting with me now?" I cocked my brow.

She scoffed. "FYI, it was my job to flirt with you before a jerk with the surname Grogan came into the picture."

I laughed. "Why do you hate him so much?"

"I don't hate him." She said it dryly. "Actually, I do. He took my best friend away from me."

"You know that you are bad at lying, right?" I pointed my finger at her.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." She brushed her hands into her hair. "But I still miss you, babe."