Chaptee 10

Rachel dressed in a fiery red beaded halter-neck gown on the day of the victory ball. The low-cut, backless design gives it a classy and conservative appearance from the front, but when she turns around, her flawless back skin is revealed.

She instructed Corine to let her hair fall naturally and secured it with a simple diamond clip on the left side of her head. Rachel wants to keep things straightforward to avoid attracting too much attention from the nobles. She simply wants to relax and enjoy the evening with her friends.

Simon and Anne will accompany Rachel, and in Rachel's living room, the siblings are waiting. They are in awe of Rachel's beauty as she descends the stairs in her stunning red gown. Simon can't stop admiring her.

"Look at the goddess of the north. We are so blessed to have you, Rachel. You are so beautiful! Both the outfit and your hair look amazing on you! Next time, I'll ask Corine to style my hair similarly," Simon praises.

This causes Anne to have a girl crush moment, and she almost drops her jaw.

"Thank you, Anne. Oh, my, you look incredibly gorgeous. I love the black dress; you look fabulous and beautiful. Simon, you are dashing in that blue tux. It's my lucky day to be accompanied by the two of you."

Simon is so overwhelmed with joy that he is speechless. When Rachel praises the way he looks, he flushes.

"Simon, are you alright?" Rachel asks.

"Ahem, my apologies for not responding right away.

Tonight, you are the most beautiful woman in the north," Simon blushes and ushers the ladies to go first.

He is completely taken aback when Anne and Rachel turn around. Rachel's stunning crystal white skin and a tiny red mole near the upper waist catch his attention.

"Anne? What is this? Her back is exposed and too low," Simon appears upset, fearing that other noble men will notice.

"Brother, please. Her dress is more conservative than the other noble ladies. She is fine and looks breathtaking," Anne assures him.

In response, Anne quickly drags Rachel to the carriage before Simon changes his mind and demands that Rachel change her attire.

Simon is helpless because the two enter the carriage quickly. Later, he'll have to drape his coat over her back. When they reach the Duke of Astrid Palace, he swears to carry out his promise.

>>Banquet Hall, Duke Astrid Palace>>

Rachel is astounded by how big and magnificent the Duke of Astrid Palace is. It is divided into four sections, with the Duke Sebastian's residence being the largest. In the Kratoryah Empire, the northern duchy is undoubtedly the wealthiest dukedom, adorned with Renaissance paintings and gold-plated architecture.

Upon their arrival, they were welcomed by noble families. As Simon prepared to sling his coat over Rachel's back, her friends began to drag her away.

"His Majesty Sebastian, Duke of Astrid, is entering," announced his knight, prompting all the nobles to bow.

A crowd of noble families greeted Sebastian as he made his entrance.

The duke extended his gratitude, acknowledging the unwavering support of his subjects as he officially inaugurated the ball with his blessing. Concluding his speech, his keen eyes caught a glint of shining pink hair in the distance, drawing his attention.

Rachel, aiming to keep a low profile in the Duke's presence, strategically positioned herself at the back of the crowd among the lower-ranking nobles.

After the Duke's speech, her friends spotted her and ushered Rachel to join their group. As the friends engaged in lively conversations about current events in the upper society of the north, several noble men approached Rachel, extending invitations for a dance.