Chapter 94: Building 9's Chen Lingyu

After returning to the room, Zhang Yi and Zhou Ke'er took off their winter coats. Sitting on the sofa, Zhang Yi cursed, "That damn crazy old woman!"

He sprawled on the sofa, and Zhou Ke'er went into the bathroom. After a while, she brought out a basin of hot water. Smiling, she knelt in front of Zhang Yi, helping him remove his cotton socks and washing his feet.

Softly, she asked, "Were you startled just now?"

Leaning against the sofa, Zhang Yi replied casually, "It's fine. Since the apocalypse, nothing surprises me anymore. In chaotic times, absurd things can happen."

He was wearing a bulletproof police vest, so unless the old lady was an agile assassin who could precisely strike his neck, she couldn't harm him. But Zhang Yi wasn't just a log; he would naturally dodge.

"When I wasn't around, did anything happen in the community? Especially in other apartment buildings, was there any commotion?"

Hearing this, Zhou Ke'er nodded slowly. "I was just about to tell you."

"Oh, what happened?"

Zhou Ke'er massaged Zhang Yi's feet while explaining, "In Building 9, the one in charge now is my previous patient, Chen Lingyu."

"She contacted me today, hoping I could facilitate your acceptance of her friend request. She said she has something to discuss with you."

Zhang Yi furrowed his brows slightly, "Building 9, Chen Lingyu?" It was a name unfamiliar to him. Even though they were in the same community, Yue Lu Community was quite large, with about 500 meters from north to south. Building 25, where he lived, and Building 9 were like the two ends of a village, with little chance of interaction on normal days.

"What does she want to talk to me about?"

Zhang Yi asked.

Zhou Ke'er shook her head, "She only mentioned wanting to discuss cooperation with the head of Building 25. But the specific details must be discussed by you."

Zhang Yi sneered, "Cooperation? Nonsense cooperation! I don't lack anything now, but they can only wait helplessly in the building. What do they have to cooperate with me?"

Zhou Ke'er lifted her head, her lips carrying a light smile. "Should I tell her you don't want to talk to her?"

Zhang Yi waved his hand, "No need to be in such a hurry. Well... tell me about this person! Also, the specific situation in their building."

Zhou Ke'er then shared the information she had gathered with Zhang Yi.

Chen Lingyu was the owner of a beauty and cosmetics company in Tianhai City, with an estimated value of two billion yuan. Although she operated it as a beauty and cosmetics company, in reality, it was a company involved in microbusiness.

Chen Lingyu, 38 years old, was above-average in appearance, with a strong and assertive personality—a capable businesswoman.

She and Zhou Ke'er knew each other due to a chance encounter when Zhou Ke'er went to the First People's Hospital for medical treatment. Their relationship was average, at most a nodding acquaintance.

As for Building 9, it was currently under her control. According to the information Zhou Ke'er gathered, Building 9 was well managed, with only ten deaths so far.

After listening, Zhang Yi pinched his fingers and nodded. "In this kind of era, a woman can actually manage a building. This Chen Lingyu indeed has some skills!"

Zhou Ke'er also sighed lightly. "Yes, after all, she is engaged in microbusiness and brainwashing people is her forte."

Zhang Yi chuckled, "That's a ruthless person! Truly ruthless! Willing to disown even close relatives for personal gain. Be careful with such women!"

Zhou Ke'er nodded, "My impression of her is not very good. We haven't been in contact for a long time. Today, she suddenly found me and asked me to pass on a message to you."

Zhang Yi said, "That's not surprising. Now that I have a snowmobile and can go out to collect supplies, the news has already spread throughout the community. Who wouldn't envy me? Who wouldn't want to get their hands on my snowmobile?"

Zhou Ke'er nodded, "In that case, do you want to talk to her?"

Zhang Yi placed his hand under his chin, pondering for a few minutes. "Let's chat and see! I also want to know what the people in the other units are planning. At least we can't make those people too anxious all of a sudden. Otherwise, if the residents of the other 29 buildings turn against me, it won't be a good thing."

If Zhang Yi stayed hidden in his house, he wouldn't need to worry about them. But now, Zhang Yi knew the outside world was a huge treasure trove. He would need to go out to continue collecting various survival supplies. Therefore, he couldn't afford to offend everyone in the other 29 buildings right away.

So, while Zhou Ke'er continued to enjoy Zhang Yi's delicate massage, he opened his WeChat on his phone.

The friend requests were over 99+, but he had been too lazy to look, as most people who contacted him were just asking for supplies, and he couldn't be bothered to deal with them.

Upon opening the friend request list, the first person Zhang Yi saw was "a Fuyong Group President Chen Lingyu."

Wearing a white shirt, arms crossed in a serious pose, an exaggerated smile on her face—typical microbusiness profile picture.

Just as Zhang Yi was about to accept the friend request, his gaze suddenly noticed a slightly familiar profile picture below.

Businesspeople typically used personal photos as their WeChat profile pictures. So, Zhang Yi immediately recognized who it was.

Walmart's South China Regional Finance Director—Li Jian.

He knew him because they had seen each other on stage during the company's annual meeting dinner.

Zhang Yi also knew that he and Li Jian lived in the same community, but their work had no intersection, so they had little contact.

Zhang Yi glanced at the time Li Jian sent the friend request: 10:30 this morning, shortly after he left the community.

"It seems he's contacting me for the same reason."

Zhang Yi had a rough idea in his mind. After a brief contemplation, he decided to accept both friend requests.

Let's see what these two have to say individually, and based on that, he could decide how to deal with the people in the other 29 buildings.

Once Zhang Yi accepted the friend requests, both of them almost instantly replied.

"Mr. Zhang Yi, hello! I'm Chen Lingyu from Building 9. Currently, I am in charge of managing Building 9. I would like to talk to you!"

"Mr. Zhang, hello, I am Li Jian from Building 18. Thank you for accepting my friend request. I want to discuss cooperation matters on behalf of the residents of Building 18 with you."

Zhang Yi opened Chen Lingyu's chat box first.

"What do you want to talk about?"

Chen Lingyu immediately replied, "It's not very convenient to talk like this. Can we have a voice call?"

"No, I'm not convenient. Let's just chat like this," Zhang Yi said coldly. He was familiar with women involved in microbusiness—they could talk endlessly once given the chance.

"Whatever it is, say it directly. I'm not a patient person and don't like unnecessary chatter."