Chapter 162: I've Given You a Chance

Zhang Yi's gaze turned ice-cold, and he pointed the gun at Xu Hao's forehead. The pitch-black muzzle brought back memories of Zhang Yi's ruthless and bloodthirsty killings.
He knew Zhang Yi wasn't joking with him. But he felt aggrieved, and hatred filled his heart towards Zhang Yi. The glare of that hatred was evident in his eyes, with bloodshot veins covering the whites."Fine, I'll go," Xu Hao gritted his teeth, walking towards the passage with an unwilling expression. As he left, he glanced again at the luxurious decorations inside the shelter. Such a luxurious living environment was something he had never experienced in the past.A strong resentment choked him, and he couldn't hold it back. When he reached the passage, Xu Hao suddenly turned around, glaring fiercely at Zhang Yi. "Zhang Yi, you're untrustworthy. One day, you'll face consequences!"Zhang Yi calmly glanced at him. Xu Hao chuckled, turned around, and entered the passage.Zhang Yi stared at his departing figure for several seconds. After a moment of hesitation, he raised the gun and aimed at the back of Xu Hao's head."Bang!"A through-and-through hole appeared on Xu Hao's head. Instant brain death, painless; he collapsed in the passage.Zhang Yi sighed, looking at Xu Hao's lifeless body. "Anger won't make you stronger; strength is what matters."He approached Xu Hao, picking up the backpack from his back. "I originally intended to let you live, but why did you seek death on your own?"To kill or not to kill, Zhang Yi had been hesitating all along. Driven by his inner convictions, Zhang Yi decided to let Xu Hao leave. It was Xu Hao's last words that changed his mind."I've let you go, so I'm not ungrateful. We're even now.""Why did you threaten me later? Killing you is justified."Zhang Yi's logic satisfied himself, nodding approvingly. In this Yunque Manor, Xu Hao was the only one who knew his identity and had some understanding of the shelter's layout. Maybe one day, Xu Hao would bring trouble to Zhang Yi.In a way, Zhang Yi was thankful to Xu Hao for giving him a legitimate reason to kill him. After disposing of the body, Zhang Yi stored Xu Hao's corpse in the dimensional space.Then, he turned on the room's expensive sound system, playing a cheerful tune."Mama, just killed a man.Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger, now he's dead.Mama, life had just begun.But now I've gone and thrown it all away...."Whistling, Zhang Yi brought a mop and a cloth from the bathroom, cheerfully cleaning the bloodstains on the floor."I hope this is the last time I have to kill.""No one here knows about my past, and no one will disturb me.""If I can live here until the end of the apocalypse or until the day I die of old age, that would be great!""But it's probably difficult."Smiling to himself, Zhang Yi quickly cleaned the bloodstains on the floor. The room was exceptionally quiet with only him being alive, but the house was too big, and boredom crept in a little."Go and bring Ke'er here! A mature man should have a beautiful woman by his side for a more interesting life.""As for Uncle You..."Talking about Uncle You, Zhang Yi had different thoughts. The shelter was spacious, with many rooms, but he wasn't eager to let Uncle You move in. After all, he and Zhou Ke'er were still in the honeymoon phase, and he hoped to have their own space. Having other people at home would affect her creativity."For now, I've found a better shelter. I'll let Uncle You stay in the safe house. First, he saved me from a bullet, so I owe him a favor, giving him a good living environment is a way to repay him.""Secondly, there's no good way to put the safe house into the dimensional space for now. So, let it stay in Yuelu District as a backup base. If there's a need in the future, I can come back to live. Someone needs to stay behind to guard it."Zhang Yi thought through everything, and this way, everything was perfectly resolved. Uncle You would probably appreciate it.But there was one problem he needed to help Uncle You with, something all men understood very well.Zhang Yi and Uncle You were both normal men in their physiological state. One in his twenties, the other in his forties, with robust physical health, there would naturally be needs on both physiological and psychological levels.After killing Xie Limei, Zhang Yi thought of compensating Uncle You with a woman."I promised Uncle You to find him a better one. But in the neighborhood, there aren't many living women left, and even fewer meet the criteria.""Hmm... a bit challenging to solve. Well, let's take it slowly when the time comes!""If it doesn't work out, let him find a few women in the neighborhood to live with. It's okay to make do with it."Conditions were limited, and sometimes you couldn't be too picky.Sitting on the sofa, Zhang Yi faced a 100-inch TV. He was curious about what Wang Siming usually watched, so he grabbed the remote and turned on the TV.The black screen gradually brightened. Zhang Yi walked to the bar, where various branded drinks were displayed, many of which he had never heard of, being special supplies from foreign vineyards.Zhang Yi poured himself a glass of fresh beer, drinking it while watching the TV program. He expected only a few official channels to be available, but to his surprise, he saw the face of a white female host."Gibberish..."Alright, Zhang Yi admitted that his English proficiency was limited to CET-6, and his spoken English was even worse. He couldn't understand what was being said."Weird, how is it receiving channels from abroad?""Technically, the blizzard should affect signal transmission, limiting the signal range that phones can receive.""How did he manage this?"Zhang Yi was somewhat surprised, walked to the TV, and switched channels with the remote.After switching, it was still foreign channels. He kept switching, and Zhang Yi actually saw dozens of foreign channels!After a brief thought, Zhang Yi suddenly understood what was going on."There must be a super-strong network system inside this shelter!"Zhang Yi took a sip of wine, then turned to the control panel to check. Following the wires, he found a clue.In the control room, there was a hidden door. After opening it, a separate server, almost the size of a wardrobe, was revealed!"You've actually set up a server at home. That's impressive!"Zhang Yi couldn't help but laugh, and his eyes gradually lit up. Although he didn't understand how it was done, judging from the received signals, the network system in this shelter was extremely powerful. The signal transmission capability could even reach a global level!With this, Zhang Yi could use the network to obtain information from around the world.