73: They Like You

"Charlie," I whisper crouching next to his bed and making sure not to wake up everyone else. His head raised quickly like a dazed mom waking from a dead sleep, confused and scared.

"What— Yeah?" He blinks rapidly before his pupil widens and a slow lazy smile crosses his face, "Flaca... Can't sleep?" I slowly nod my head and he sits up, his bare smooth chest glistening in the light of my phone.

"Can we talk?" My words seem to wake him up quickly. He swings his feet over his bed and stands up.

"Let's talk in your room," He yawns.

ᔕᔕᔕ≼∴≽ᔕᔕᔕ

"Alright, what's wrong?" Charlie asks sitting on my bed cradling a plushie on his lap. I slightly purse my lips and squint trying to express myself understandably.

"... I don't hate Ghost or König..." I whisper out. Charlie blinks before breaking into a low laughter, he falls onto his side and rolls around. I look away from his piercing eyes.

"Oh?"

"... I like talking to them," I grumble looking away from Charlie's growing smirk.

"Uh-huh?"

"...Do you think... I can be their friend?" I look back to see Charlie eating his lips trying not to laugh. "What's with that look!" I panic and ask waving my arms around.

"You're so slow!" I feel my face flush violently.

"Haven't you noticed?"

"I humanized myself to them?" Charlie shook his and looked at me with a stranger stupid smile that turned sour, he straightened up.

"They like you... romantically." He cleared his throat, "so..." I stood there, silently taking in everything.

It couldn't be... but.

Everything flooded my mind, from the looks they gave me to their body language. How they both didn't yell at me for cooking at the crack ass of dawn nor saying out-of-pocket things...

Am I a tease?

no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no.

Charlie watches as her features contort from shock to realization. Gisele was the type to never know if you like her until you tell her. She's so dense sometimes. Romance flew over her head... every sign of it besides outright telling her you love her... romantically.

Diego felt his heart sink. Don't think about it, don't think about it. Don't ruin it... His lips pull back into a firm line hands clasped together in a tight soul-crushing grasp.

"What do I do?" She asks in a small innocent voice.

"Do you like them?"

"I— I don't know."

"Well... sleep on it," Charlie flops onto the bed plushy under his head eyes closed ready to sleep. She stared at him before climbing on top sleeping on him.

ᔕᔕᔕ≼∴≽ᔕᔕᔕ

The meeting finally came, and we were soon being escorted out of the base to a waiting helicopter. My mind was far from the mission. I put on my gear in a trance, I look over to the sergeants and sigh. We were split into three groups, my group Ghost, König, and Roach was taking the western part of upper Mexico. The Mexicans were taking the middle, and Soap, Gaz, Price, and Graves were taking the east.

Charlie tilted me so badly I could barely stay focused during our brief. I couldn't stop staring at either Lt. or the Colonel, did they really like me? Surely not.

We did a lot of walking and driving. I sat back with Roach staring at the two. I don't care if either notices my blatant stare I was trying to figure out a jigsaw puzzle that is all white, not an image to help me out. I know what queer love looks like but what does straight love look like?

I sigh turn to Roach and gently tap him on the shoulder, he looks over his eyes obscured by his goggles. 'Did you know they liked me?' I sign. He gives a curt nod. 'Really?'

'We all notice—'

'Who's we?'

'Soap, Gaz, Charlie, and me.' I stared at him blankly, so he resigned. I nod slightly so he doesn't sign over and over again, I saw the first time.

'Are you sure? 100%?' I sign I felt like Charlie was pulling my leg sometimes, but I had a feeling Roach wouldn't do that.

'100.' he signs I sigh loudly and turn away towards the window.

Great...

What do I do?

'Do you like them?' Roach signs fast. I think if I could see his face, I could see a wide idiotic smile.

'I don't know! I just realized I didn't hate them anymore!' I sign back quickly. 'What do I do?'

'Do you like them?' Roach asks his signing growing quicker with his excitement.

'I don't even know what they look like! just got over hating them!' I wanted to scream and confront them right on the spot but even my obvious ass knew that wouldn't be appropriate. 'CHARLIE WHY DID YOU TILT ME!' I sigh viciously and slam my hands on my thighs before sighing.

"What's going on back there—"

"Nothing!" I snap back. I see Ghost giving me an unimpressed expression, but he lets it drop. König now was looking at me, great, now I had their attention on me. I look into his eyes through the rear finding the window.

König had such beautiful eyes. His eyes were blue, but they weren't just blue. They were the color of the sea, the formation of a nebula. They bubbled like paint in water, endless ethereal pools of creation— that must be what oceans would have looked like at the beginning of life... What I would give to stare into them until I can recreate his eye pattern—

Do I like him???

Oh lord! Help me!

IS THIS STRAIGHT PANIC?

I'm so glad I'm not a repressive person, at least with my mask on it hid the creeping flushness of my cheeks. My eyes bore holes into the mirror. I think König knew I was looking at him and he turned away from me.

Hallelujah! he doesn't like me!

Why is he looking back? Does he like me?

Am I reading too much into this?

Y/N relax you're being delulu— FUCK!

ᔕᔕᔕ≼∴≽ᔕᔕᔕ

Sometimes I wish my special interest was love or romance, at least I would have a clue in this situation... but noooo! it had to be FNAF! Resident Evil! Fictional men! I felt like I was trying to decipher a walking breathing bomb that didn't want to die.

König was easier to read... I think. It was hard to tell when we were on the field, but I spent hours and sleepless nights wrapping my mind around how he treated me the three months before this. From a pathetic little mouse to an actual human being.

I know my body is what many want men and women, but was I appealing enough to attract a man? I'm pretty nasty and not at all a good person... Asshole tendency as Charlie likes to put it.

I could see König I could not see Ghost.