Chapter 1: First Day, First Crime

'Someone, please save me.' I thought as my mom gave me a dozen reminder about murder cases and some disturbing stuff being shared with everyone at my new university.

"Astrid! Are you listening to me?" My mom asked as her head turned to me. She is sitting in the front seat while my dad was driving.

"Yes, mom." I say with a bit of sarcasm to it.

My mom sighed. "What are going to do with this girl?" She whispered to my dad, but I obviously heard it.

I rest my head against the car window while still listening to my parents rant...well... most of it.

As I stared at the window, I can already see Gilmore University up ahead. The campus was surrounded by brick walls with vines hanging on the side. When we entered through the steel gates, we saw so many trees at the side of the road. Old buildings still stands and crowded with student.

The car pulled over at the parking lot of the university. My parents insisted on meeting the headmaster first, so we went to his office.

On our way there, we walked through the university's halls. We past several portraits of young graduates from long ago, that's what my parents thought, but it's far from the truth about them, at least, that's what I read on the internet.

We stopped in front of the headmaster's office. Before we could even knock, the door swing open and the headmaster gave us a smile.

"Welcome Gilmore University." He greeted. "We've been expecting you."

He lead us inside his office and we sat down on the chairs that was facing his desk.

"I am William Brown, headmaster of Gilmore University." He introduce himself as he took his seat. "I am grateful for you, for choosing Gilmore."

"We are also grateful for your kind consideration that our daughter is worthy of attending your school." My mom said.

"Our pleasure, we saw on Ms. Astrid's resume that she is a smart girl, top of her class for that matter." The headmaster glanced at me and smiled.

"Yes, we are very proud of our daughter. She will not disappoint this school." My dad looked at me when he said the last part, expecting me to say something.

'Here we go again.' I thought.

"I'll try my best for Gilmore University as a thank you for accepting and welcoming me with open arms." I said as politely as I could.

"We are excited to have you here." The headmaster replied with a smile.

The rest of the meeting went by with my parents asking a dozen questions from the fees to the teaching quality and methods.

After that, my parents left and I was lead to my new dorm. The headmaster wanted to take me to my dorm room himself, but since men are not allowed in the girl's dormitory, his assistant, Mrs. Bridget took me there instead.

She introduced me to my new dorm-mate which is her daughter, Alec Bridget. They both have red hair and quite pale, which was not surprising because they're from Scotland, they had those heavy Scottish accent but I grew to like them.

Alec showed me around our dorm room and she was very welcoming unlike my previous dorm-mate. She has a vibrant vibe, which was not my thing but I respect her taste, I just hope respect mine.

"So, here's your room." Alec said as she opened the door to my room.

Our dorm was like an apartment. There were two bedrooms, one bathroom with a toilet and a shower, a kitchen, and a living room. It must have cost my parents an arm and a leg to afford this. I mean, money is not an issue, but still.