⁘⊰──────⊱⁘༻𖡼༺⁘⊰──────⊱⁘

"Heng Zǐ, you're awake. Did you rest well?" I smile at MeiMei who smiles back, her eyes crinkling at the sight of me being cuddled by the two young Lans. "I haven't slept. Did MeiMei sleep well?" She nods but a worried look washes over her. I probably should've lied about the not sleeping, but I don't want to lie. Not to mention that lying in Cloud Recesses is forbidden.

My smile widens as I look down at the two boys, my hands moving up to gently pat their cheeks to wake them up. Xichen is the first to wake, his eyes blinking before he snuggles his face against my chest even more. And like two peas in a pot, Wangji does the very same with the addition of his hands actually grabbing onto my robes again. "Hey, sleepyheads, it's time to wake up." Both of them grumble in protest, which makes me chuckle. The two of them are so cute!

"Hmm... You don't want to get up?" Lan Huan raises his face to look at me with a pout, his younger brother burying his face deeper into my robes. A mischievous grin pulls at my lips, the older boy's eyes widening but it's already too late, my fingers start tickling the both of them. The two future Twin Jades try to keep their laughter in before it involuntarily bursts out, the building filled with our melodious laughter.

Their little limbs fumble and flail as they can't help but laugh, their faces rosy. "Long-gege, stop!" "What was that? Are you awake now?" Wangji tries to cover his mouth with his hands but giggles still escape him as he nods, his big brother hastily nodding as well. A fond smile replaces the previously grin and I pat both their heads before looking at MeiMei who has the biggest smile ever on her face. "MeiMei? Will you help me get these two treasures ready for the day?" She nods and so we get to work.

I prepare their clothes as my friend is getting a big tub ready with warm water for the two to bathe, which thankfully goes by quite quick. Getting dressed also doesn't take that long, both of them are very compliant. Their hair is dried quickly with a quick and harmless spell, soft to the touch which is... horrible for me. It makes me wanna infinitely brush my fingers through the inky strands, but I pull myself together, quickly yet gently styling their hair.

The two of them look up at me, the older one with a smile and the younger with an aloof expression. "Alright, boys. The forehead ribbon you have to do by yourself, everything else is finished." They nod and do so as I step behind the privacy screen to reach into my Qiankun pouch, fishing out another set of clothes I dress myself in. It's a carbon copy of the usual outfit except the outer robing since I only own one, I don't see a reason for anything more fancy.

Once finished I take my robe that I hung over the screen yesterday and put it over my shoulders like before. Footsteps make my ears twitch, Lan Qiren entering the room as MeiMei leaves with the wooden tub and our worn clothing. "Good morning, Heng Gongzǐ. I see all of you are ready." I smile at the bowing man, knowing I won't get that out of him any time soon. "Good morning to you as well, Lan Qiren."

My travel partner comes back with a tray on one arm that has five bowls on it, all of them filled with a gentle smelling congee and cups. In her other hand is a teapot, the mellow aroma of Oolong reaching my nose. "I brought breakfast." The Acting Gusu Lan Sect Leader thanks her, nodding his head as we make ourselves comfortable around the table. Now, I just gotta remember to finish my food first before I speak about anything.

This is going to kill me...

.

.

.

FUCK..!

It's not even been ten minutes and I'm mentally bashing my head against a wall as I inwardly cry. Why does the Lan Sect have a rule that forbids conversation while eating?! Is it even processed yet? I don't know and I don't wanna risk it! Man, I always talk with someone while I eat. Mainly with MeiMei...