Smut ahead with Jiang Fengmian so be warned 🙃

⁘⊰──────⊱⁘༻𖡼༺⁘⊰──────⊱⁘

Stars twinkle and sparkle up above as the cold chill from the water embraces my body. I decided to take a dip into the lotus embroidered waters around Lotus Pier. The stars and moon keep me company, wandering spirits and will'o'wisps joining me above the surface as well.

It feels calm and reassuring, a painful and stark contrast compared to the storm inside my very being.

I don't know why I get these bouts of almost uncontrollable turmoils, but they haven't been this strong before either. Usually it's just a small flame that makes me feel a little restless with miniscule fits of soreness. Right now though... Right now I feel as if my core is ablaze, very slowly spreading to reach through all my meridians. Thankfully it is still just within my core though.

This burning makes me feel incredibly restless and easily agitated, a numb pain making my senses seem dull. That's why I'm floating in the cold water. To sooth the fire, to calm my nerves and to pacify my aching body. It helps suppress the weird sensations, but I know that as soon as my body leaves the water it wouldn't take long to...itch again.

A sigh leaves me, eyes closing in a futile attempt to rest. I know. Oh believe me, I know. I know that no matter how hard I try, I won't be able to sleep with this restlessness. At some point my brain will force my body to shut down and sleep, but that won't happen. At least not until I was suffering through this for a minimum of three days and nights. That's usually the moment my body can't handle the fatige any longer. With how turbulent my core feels now... I wonder how long I have to endure?

It is strange though. Could these bouts come from the changes the Dragon Spirit did to this body? No one else has them inside of the Heng Clan so it's not a heritage thing. And I certainly haven't heard, seen or read anything like occuring for other people. No one knows about me having them either. I haven't told anyone.

My eyes flutter open again, ears twitching at the sound of footsteps approaching. The soft chime of a bell accompanies the steps, feeling oddly relaxing to the storm brewing in my brain. "Heng Gongzǐ? What are you doing in the water this late?" Jiang Fengmian... I swim closer to the dock, seeing the man stand there looking down at me with a worried glint in his eyes.

"Are you alright?" It takes me a bit to fully process his words, my eyes lazily blinking before I nod. But that doesn't seem to ease the Sect Leader's worries, if anything he seemed more worried. The man takes off his shoes and sits down, his feet skimming the cold liquid which makes him shiver slightly. I blink slowly again as he pats the space besides him. Does he want me to join him?

I grab onto the wooden board, but instead of fully lifting myself I just lift my torso above the water, laying my head on my arms as my body below my hips stays submerged. A soft purr rumbles in my chest when a hand pats my head, the man being mindful not to touch my horns.

"Why are you soaking in the middle of the night? Isn't it cold?" Jiang Fengmian is patient, waiting for my oddly muddled brain to process. "Wanted to cool down." His eyesbrows furrow slightly, his palm moving to touch my face, feeling cold against my burning skin. "You're burning up... Do you feel unwell?" Unwell? I don't know... Is this weird heat amd ache considered to be unwell?

I don't know how to answer his question so I stay quiet, simply blinking at him again. It elicts a soft sigh from his lips which in turn makes my ears twitch. A sudden and very indecent thought pops into my head, quickly shoved down to never be seen again. His fingers gently card through my wet hair, not unlike a father would do to his sickly child. But instead of being calming, his touches seem to fuel this aching sensation, stoking the fire.