Part 19

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐫𝐚 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡, 𝐒𝐲𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐲, 𝐀𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚
𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑:

Her mind was empty as she sat on her board in the middle of the open water.

Feet hanging over the sides of the surfboard and fingertips skimming the surface of the water. Waves lapped around her, flicking small droplets of water onto her body.

The smile on her face was soft and her eyes shone with a happiness that was rare to see.

For what felt like the first time ever, she felt completely free...

Heidi Scott had a lot of trauma and issues that resulted from said trauma. There had rarely been any moments in her life where she was free of everything that plagued her and from the weight that she constantly balanced on the top of her shoulders. She had never had an escape from it all...

Until her passion and love for surfing evolved and developed.

It had gone from just a hobby to an entire lifestyle.

The adrenaline rush and empty feeling that came with surfing let her have an escape from reality for the first time in her life. It gave her reason to keep living in the world she was cruelly forced to endure. When she was out alone on a surfboard she didn't have to worry about her parents or anything else in her life, she could hollow out her mind and focus only on the waves surrounding her.

It was the sense of tranquillity that she had always looked for.

"Oi, Goldie!"

"Yeah?"

She turned her head, looking over her shoulder at her brother who was calling her name from the beach. He waved his arm in a motion that told her to come back to the shore and she did so, catching one last wave.

She had come surfing with Jesse to take her mind off the plans she had for that night.

The plans to meet the man her mother was so helplessly in love with...

She had heard different things surrounding Gareth Moore, he was known well throughout Maroubra and the surrounding areas.

And Heidi had discovered that her mother definitely had a type.

Lydia Scott loved bad boys.

Gareth Moore was an ex-gang member turned Bra Boy, he had been the right hand man in his younger years but had married into a wealthy family and thrown his entire life away to put himself in good spirits with his in-laws and extended family. He had ended up going to university in England at 24 and proceeded to become the CEO of a major law firm in the heart of Sydney.

But his new life had fallen apart when he caught his now ex-wife cheating on him. Ten years of marriage thrown down the drain as he divorced her.

He returned to the gang life, back to the Bra Boy's where he not only turned to drinking as an escape but also got himself involved with some major crimes, resulting in him serving two years in prison for a mixture of possession of illegal drugs and being an accomplice to many other things. He had returned to the world two years later only to discover that he had a son, who was almost three by the time he finally met him and that his ex-wife hadn't wanted the child and had abandoned the young boy on the steps of her ex-mother in laws house only days after Gareth was sentenced.

After finding out about his son and meeting the young boy, he had once again turned his life around to give his son the best life he got possibly get.

Gareth was sober for two years now and his son, Aiden, was turning five in August.