Pollen Grain

"Zarina, is something bothering you?" Mahzala flipped the tortilla on the other side, "brides are supposed to be contented."

"Mother, what's merriment when your spouse doesn't even feel attracted to you."

Zarina flinched as she believed that mothers in law are all hypocrite.

"He loves another woman but you're the one married to him. Stay dignified. You're the second ruler after him and your son will be the third one."

Zarina felt stinging shock and got up.

"Zarina?"

Zarina rushed over to her room.

"How unsympathetic she can be, uttering something like this," she'd think to herself.

"Zarina, mother is calling for you," the maid murmured.

Mahzala took Zarina to Arman Fields.

"Do you know what a pollen grain is, Zarina?"

"Yes mother. . ."

"Thanks to it, we get to eat different kind of fruits and vegetables."

Zarina remained quiet.

"Zarina, there are no new plants without the pollen grain."

"I know that, mother. . ."

"Your marriage with Nimrouz Khan is like a pollen grain. You'll conceive his children. Won't it be benefiting when Arman's leader will be the grandchild of Isaac Zia?"

"My father will have a higher status, so yeah, it'll be benefiting."

"Not just Isaac but the entire Waryaz."

. . .

"Nimrouz! What brings you here?" asked Ibrahim enthusiastically.

"I want to meet Angeza."

"I wonder what makes you so obsessed to her."

"She has taken over your genes when it comes to knowledge."

"Come inside," he opened the door and walked into the guest room, "Angeza! Nimrouz Arman has visited!"

Angeza came running to them in a haste that she forgot to take dupatta.

Ibrahim had already gone outside before her arrival.

"Were you that excited to meet me?" he stared at her untied hair, "that you forgot to take your dupatta. . ."

"You wouldn't mind that. . . Would you?" she'd reply.

"Things are different now, Angeza."

"Well, it's a shame then. Would you like to smoke? Are you staying at our place?"

Nimrouz took a piece of cloth from the floor and covered her hair.

"Angeza, I'm going back. I visited for the last time today."

"So you no longer love me?"

"I never loved you."

"You're a good liar, Nimrouz," she'd quiver.

"Angeza, I was just obsessed with your blonde hair, fair skin tone, grey eyes and taller height. I'd not name it love."

He put on his shoes and left to Arman. He reached within 2 hours at 3:00 am in the midnight.

"She must be fast asleep by now. . ." he'd think to himself.

He got inside the room but it wasn't as he thought. Zarina was busy, embroidering on a piece of cloth.

"Are you out of your mind? Why are you still awake? Who'll make my breakfast tomorrow?"

"I thought you'll be back after a month."

"Don't talk back to me!"

"I apologise. . ."

He walked over to her and stroked her hair.

"Why would they name you 'Zarina'? It's not like you resemble gold."

Zarina looked into his eyes and responded," Nimrouz Arman, your name best suits your persona."

"Is that so? Is that why all of the girls in Arman are in love with me?"

"But not the girl of Waryaz," she scoffed.

Nimrouz pulled her closer and whispered into her ear," The girl of Waryaz will fall even harder."

Next part will be published soon~

    A MESSAGE FOR THE READERS:

Thank you for reading! I wish you a happy day 🤍