Dissolve

September 7, 2026

"Let us in!" A demonic voice screeched, fusing with a familiar one.

I shot forwards in bed, clasped at my chest that was rapidly sucking in air. Despite the rapid influx of air, it felt like I couldn't breathe, my chest tightening as my spinning head fell into my hands. My heart hammered feeling like it was teetering on the edge of exploding.

"Hey... hey," Ezra cooed while sitting up next to me. Pulling me onto his lap firmly pressing my head against his chest. "Just focus on my heartbeat," he comforted, running his hand over my head.

I hadn't even realized I was crying until I saw the tears falling against his shirt once again. "Slow deep breaths," he calmly instructed.

I closed my eyes, attempting to focus on his heartbeat over the voices still echoing in my head. "Ezra," I whimpered, the memory still clawing at my brain, along with my soul.

"I know... I know... I'm not going anywhere, I promise," he continued caressing my head, keeping it compressed securely against his warm chest. Wiping the tears streaking down my face with his other.

After what felt like an eternity spiraling, I was finally able to breathe semi normally again. The resounding chorus of demonic screeching had ceased, but I kept my head against his chest listening to the comforting melody of his heart thudding against his chest.

"It was just a nightmare," he whispered, placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"I'm sorry," I murmured.

Ezra gripped my chin forcing me to look at him, "Do not apologize. You have nothing to apologize for." His eyes sternly burned through mine.

I swallowed hard, while staring back into his ocean eyes. Catapulting nervous knots throughout my stomach. I had been an idiot this entire time. I thought neglecting my feelings towards Ezra would make them dissipate. He knew my darkest secret, and still somehow loved me. No matter how hard I had tried to push him away in the past he would never budge.

I claimed his mouth with mine. My lips roughly moved against his releasing all of my pent up emotions. Without breaking the kiss I pushed him against the mattress. His fingers dug into waist, as I straddled myself on top of him, rocking my hips against his hardness.

As I withdrew my mouth his tongue swiped across my bottom lip."That's not what I was apologizing for," my breath was uneven, before capturing his lips again.

His hand slid up stomach, under my bra. A slight moan escaped my lips into his as he firmly cupped my breast. My lips skated from his to his jawline, leaving wet kisses before reaching his neck.

"Fuck Flo," he grunted against my ear as I nipped his sweet spot on his neck. His voice sent a shiver reverberating throughout my body. Igniting the burning at my core further.

I gasped while he flipped us over, placing me under him. A smirk consumed his lips, as his eyes darkened drifting around my face. "I think I need to reward my savior," he rasped, slipping his hand into my leggings.

Just before his fingers reached where I needed them a knock emitted from my door. I threw my head back growling in frustration. "Just ignore them," he breathed against my ear, nipping at it. Before his fingers dipped into me. A moan left my lips as his fingers moved in a synchronized rhythm. Only fueling the building heat in my abdomen.

Another knock drummed against the door. Ezra looked me in the eyes, shaking his head, while his rhythm increased. "You are mine right now," he lowly growled. I clenched my thighs around his hand, needing more. I needed to increase the electricity pulsing through my body. I fumbled with the button on his jeans.