Chapter 8

Vincenzo's POV

I woke up the next morning and the doctor said that I could be discharged after a week. And I should start doing simple exercises to get my body back into shape. My mother visited me again and she told me the events that happened when I was in a coma. We almost spent the whole day talking to each other and reminiscing about the past. When dusk came, my mother had to leave again to attend to her duties as the queen and ruler of the kingdom.

These are the events that happen to me every day, and a week has passed by like that. I got discharged from the royal hospital and they allowed me to live in my room inside the palace again. I also started my training and simple exercises to gain back all my bodily functions.

Weeks, months, and years passed by, but I still can't forget my experience in the future. After four years of waking from the coma, my mother crowned me as the new king. And the council urged me to marry a wife so they could have a new queen.

The bridal selection started last week and now is the final part where I will select the woman that I will marry and will be the queen of this kingdom. Out of a hundred participants, only ten girls are left and they are the best of their age. So when the time came, for me to choose my bride, I hurriedly entered the hall.

As I was walking, I suddenly heard someone humming a familiar tune. And guess what, it was 'The Feels by Twice'. I immediately got excited so I called her attention. When she looked at me, I was dumbfounded. The woman that I like and love was standing in front of me.

"Emilia" I called her

"Your Majesty, how did you know my humble name?" she asked respectfully while lowering her head a little, to pay respect.

"Don't you remember? I am Vincenzo, the one you bought a Slurpee before." I hurriedly explained

"By the way, at ease," I added, noticing that she still hadn't stood up straight.

"Oh... I-" she started but then I noticed that she got dizzy so I came to her and she fainted in my arms.

I immediately brought her to the royal infirmary to get her checked. Thank goodness that she was just stressed, thus the cause of her collapsing. After a while, she woke up, but something changed with the way that she was looking at me.

"So... you-" she tried speaking but ended up in a hoarse voice.

"Here, drink some water first," I said, giving her a glass of water.

She drank some water then she started to speak again.

"I already remembered. I first treated you to a meal when we met in an alley because thugs are chasing you," she said in one breath, then she chuckled

"Well, you are right. I'm glad that you remember me, even though it was only a dream." I replied

"I did not figure out until now that it was only a dream since I was also in a coma for over three years," she said, amazed by her sudden discovery

"Even though what happened in our dream is not real, at least we are fated to be together," I explained with a sigh of relief

Emilia would have more questions, but a palace attendant suddenly came.

"Your Majesty, the council was still waiting for you in the hall to pick a bride." the servant bowed down respectfully.

"Please convey my message to the council that I will be marrying Emilia Romano from the Romano family as my wife and queen," I instructed with authority.

"Yes, Your Majesty" the servant answered, then he immediately left for the court to relay my message.

After a while, the servant came back with good news. Saying that the council has agreed with my decision and they will set a date for my wedding.

"I am so happy that fate has given us another chance to be together. Now, I don't have any regrets in my life." I told Emilia, while gently patting her head.

"I think you are too hasty, you didn't even ask my opinion about it and simply announced it like that," Emilia said with an irritated face

"You even have the guts to marry me, after making me look for you for so long! And the piece of paper that you left beside the sink got wet. Good thing that I still understood your handwriting." she begrudgingly added

"I didn't know that the paper would be wet, I'm sorry." I fired back, aggrieved that she was mad at me.

"Okay, let's not talk about that... I want to say something to you," she said, diverting the topic at hand.

So I asked, "What is it?"

"I love you Vincenzo, and this time I will follow my heart," she said sincerely

While I replied, "I love you too, Emilia. And this time no matter the past, present, or future, I will always love you and our fates will always be..."

"Intertwined" we both said in chorus.