5. Journey to the Quidditch World Cup

"Girls, it is time to wake up!" The familiar voice of Molly Weasley urged as she shook Alex awake

Groggily, Alex opened her eyes and glanced around the room to see Mrs. Weasley had moved to wake up both Ginny and Hermione as well.  Alex groaned before stretching her arms out and climbing off her cot to begin getting ready.

Ginny and Hermione were slightly slower than her, but Alex had managed to run on little sleep before.  She just needed some food and she'd be wide awake.

After brushing through the rats nest that was her hair, she braided it back as best as she could before pulling on a plaid green jumper and black pants with her black and white trainers.

"See you girls downstairs," Alex told them before grabbing her rucksack with a change of clothes for the match, as well as money for any merchandise she could want to buy.

As she made her way down the stairs, Mrs. Weasley marched right by, mumbling about how the girls were taking forever to get downstairs but greeted Alex kindly.  She walked into the kitchen to find the boys and Mr. Weasley all down there, except for the three older Weasley boys.

"Charlie had to take the test twice," Fred spoke up.  "He failed the first time.  Apparated five miles south of where he meant to, right on top of some poor old dear doing her shopping, remember?"

Alex couldn't help but snort, which caused all eyes to turn toward her as she entered the kitchen.  "He failed his Apparation test?"

"Yes, well, he passed the second time," Mrs. Weasley told her as she came back into the kitchen.

"Percy only passed two weeks ago," George said as Alex sat down to eat some porridge.  "He's been Apparating downstairs every morning since, just to prove he can."

Alex shook her head before beginning to eat as Ginny and Hermione now joined, looking equally as tired as everyone else.  As soon as her bowl was empty, Alex stood and took it to the sink to rinse it out, Fred following right behind her.

"Would you do me a favor?" He whispered discreetly as he stood next to her and eying his mum.

"What?" She responded as quietly as she could as she stirred sugar and milk into some tea.

"Keep these somewhere safe and completely out of sight," he responded, passing a handful of the Ton-Tongue Toffees into the pocket of her jacket.

She did her best to bite back a laugh but nodded in agreement.  "I'll guard them with my life," she whispered.

He smiled before going to sit back down and act as if nothing had just happened.  Alex carefully sipped at her tea while Mr. Weasley explained how wizards congregating in such big groups had to be careful.  But he was cut off.

"George!" Mrs. Weasley exclaimed suddenly, causing everyone to jump and wake up a little more than they had been before.

"What?" He asked innocently, though no one believed it for a second.