Reborn

It was a sad day for a boy named Lucifer Gray. After reading the End of his favorite manga series Hajime No Ippo. He was waiting for his death, as he knew that it was only a matter of time before his cancer eats away his brain. He wanted to read Hajime no Ippo one more time. It was currently his 6th re-read of the series.

He hadn't even been able to start watching the anime, god he wanted to see his favorite fights animated but God had other plans apparently. He decided to sleep till his death. It was coming at any moment now. Just then a numb feeling hit his brain. He began losing all feelings.

All his senses began shutting down till it was dark. All he could see was dark. He didn't know why it was so dark. Was this the after life? He thought.

After around 1 hour he began feeling bored. He really didn't like this. He thought there would at least be something to see when you're dead but no. It seems it was just you and your thoughts. So he began doing what any bored person would do. Re reading his favorite series. Although it was just from memory it seems dying activated all his memory granting him eidetic memory of his life.

Some time has passed, Lucifer had no idea how long hes been here. He re read his favorite manga so many times he stopped counting after 10,000,000.

Although he doesnt know it he has been in the void for 8000 years. What a pitiful soul.

Just as he was about to finish the story again he suddenly sees a screen pop up.

[You have been chosen, name a world you want to be reincarnated in]

Lucifer was stunned but after reading the notification, Luficer immediately said "hajime no ippo"

[The world chosen is Hajime no Ippo]

We wish you good luck in your journey

He began to feel something he hadn't felt in a while. He felt his 5 senses come back. He felt his skin, his bones, he could see, he could hear and could feel the liquid in his mouth which was saliva.

He looked around to see he was inside a room. Most noticeable being it looked familiar. He freaked out, was he really Ippo Makonouchi. Before he could freak out more he heard some talk to him.

"Good morning younger brother" A face he was all too familiar with spoke to him. It was Ippo Makonouchi.

He was the younger brother of Ippo?! What, A pleasant surprise but he knew well that Ippo didn't have a sibling. He wasn't worried about changing the timeline or anything. It was after all a normal world. Not some fantasy world where information was important. He looked around and noticed. He still hasn't received his boxing gloves yet. Although his face looks roughed up. Is this in the middle of chapter 1? He thought.

"Oh, Hello Brother" He said. He didn't know whether that was correct as he has no prior knowledge of what his life was before awakening.

Ippo then began to dress up and go outside probably to carry all the bait to the fish boat. Which gave him time. He began to look around the room as he had no idea what was happening. He hoped he had a Journal or diary. As he could read some information out of it. He began to rummage through the books and noticed a book fell down from deep within the shelf.

As he picked it up he got exactly what he wanted. But before he could open it he noticed something.

[Diary of Dankai]

He was stunned seeing this screen but put it in his research list later. He speed reads through his diary finishing it in 10 minutes.

He had learnt all the basic things he needed to know. First off he was bullied but not as much as Ippo. As he had the brains while ippo had the brawns apparently even though he still had good grades. He consistently scored above 97 in all his grades.