1 Month Training

POV MC

I waved my hands goodbye to Ippo who was going home to follow the training Takamura recommended. I look back at the tree in a bit of frustration.

Even though I managed to do some impressive jabs I still didn't gain a Martial Arts skill. I began brainstorming the possible reasons why.

'Maybe I didn't have good form. Takamura wouldn't point it out as we just met so that could be possible.' I didn't really understand.

I went back to the tree and kicked it again. This time I grabbed leaves with both my hands, even then I received nothing.

This was frustrating. Did boxing really not count as a skill? No that's impossible. It had to be a skill. Something insane like a parallel mind could become a skill but a simple boxing skill couldn't? That didn't make any sense.

I began to think. All I've been doing is punching, isn't that enough for a boxing skill. I began to browse my mind about the things I read off in the manga. Till I reach a certain point.

_Anime scene turned to Manga_

Kimura looked at Aoki as if he was the biggest idiot ever.

"What the hell are you talking about, in this exam they're going to focus on the basics: Jab"

**SHI SHI SHI**

"Defense" Kimura began to dodge by crouching then putting his chin up after.

"And finally footwork" Kimura said as he started bouncing in a rhythmic way using the orthodox style.

_scene stops_

'Is that really all there is to boxing, like Kimura said I need these 3 things which are the basics of boxing.' Dankai Began to Analyze the scene on his head. He noted that indeed these were the basics as every single fight had all 3 of them.

'maybe that's why I didn't get a skill, all I've been doing is punching.' To see if what he thought of was correct, Dankai began to do some basic footwork.

He first began with an Orthodox style upright position. He began to try and imagine a shadow figure that only knows the basics.

He then began to shadow box this figure he thought of. SF rushes at him in a dash and sways left and right. He then launches a one-two to Dankai.

**SHI SHI**

Dankai swiftly moves his upper body with the help of his footwork to dodge the one-two.

He quickly proceeded to launch his left to the opponent.

**SHI SHI PAM**

SF dodges the first two but the last jab hits his guard. SF began to launch a fury of jabs, mixing.

**SHI SHI PAM SHI PAM PAM SHI SHI PU**

5 jabs missed as Dankai dodged using his footwork but 2 landed on his guard and one hit him on his face. He was about to continue when suddenly he heard A notification sound.

Skills:

Boxing Mastery:
Jab Mastery (1%)
Footwork Mastery (1%)
Defense Mastery (1%)

Shadow Fight Mastery (1%)

He was glad to see he had gained the Boxing Mastery, and the fact that it showed his mastery of his move sets instead of just boxing. However he was curious as to what the Shadow Fight Mastery was.