8. Lauren's Surprise

eight          

eight           .          Lauren's Surprise

[ narrative , messages ]
JANUARY 7TH, 2024
Lauren Finds Out.
walker's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

"YOU DON'T have a choice, Lauren. You have to come to the meeting." I say sternly, "and don't ask me why again, I can't tell you."

"The last time you did something spontaneous I ended up injuring myself, Walker!" Lauren shouts.

I roll my eyes. Why does Lauren always assume the worst? I love her, but gosh.

"This is nothing like that, Lauren! Just come to the stupid cast meeting. Please." My face softens when I ask again, and  she finally agrees with me. I was desperate to get her to go.

I hope this goes okay. I have to update Summer after Lauren finds out why she's here.

We hop in my car and drive to the place where the meeting is being held. I lead her inside, since I know the place a little better since I'd be told where to go, and we sit down in two of the 11 chairs in the room. The rest of the cast will be here soon and take up the rest of the chairs, along with the director getting one.

One by one the cast files in, Brady is the next one in after Lauren and me, and he sits down next to Lauren.

"Hey," I hear Lauren say softly, not wanting to be too loud as the rest of the people walk in, even though she already knows them.

"Hi, Lauren. Why are you here exactly?" Brady asks Lauren. and I stiffen at his question, I had assumed at least one person was going to ask, and I was right.

Don't say anything, Brady. I know he knows. I told him on the plane ride over here while Lauren was distracted.

"Walker dragged me here." I reply, "I'm not sure why... I'm not in the cast, so..."

"Right," Brady clears his throat, now having my full attention. I give him a don't tell her look, and he nods ever so slightly. He looks back at Lauren. "right. You're not in the cast."

He sends me a this wasn't very wise of you look, but quickly drops it and looks back at Lauren before she can decipher it.

"What was that look for, Brady?" She asks him skeptically, and his eyes widen, along with mine.

"Nothing, Lauren. I was just looking at him to acknowledge he's in the room." Brady shrugs, and I'd be convinced if I didn't know he was an actor.