Chapter 38

Not me saying I don't take break in Ramadan and post whenever I feel like and then disappearing for a month. 🐒

Ab toh kuch ne meri book slow update reading list mein bhi add kardi (Yes, I see you😑)

Khair, you see, it was different earlier. But now, main 9 hours laptop mein tuk tuk tuk karti hoon toh wakai himmat nahi hoti uske baad phone mein tuk tuk tuk karu (I meant writing.) Aur iss ramadan toh main kafi beemar thi (Ik nothing's new here, I'm always sick,) but fir woh mood nahi ban pata na, toh mera bas itna kehne ka matlab hai ki apni iss masoom writer ki iss masoom si galti ko maaf karo👉🏻👈🏻 aur dua karo ab ghayab na hoon. (Agar iske baad farafar update na aye toh main samajh lungi aap log ne dil se dua nahi ki.)

Khair, enjoy the chapter.

•••

Laraib had returned to her parents' house. Now, she didn't see any point in staying at Dawar's place. Dawar hadn't been talking to her for a while, and even his family members were now behaving with her in a reserved manner. Although when Laraib was leaving, Rabia had made a feeble attempt to stop her, but the one whose words mattered didn't speak at all. Dawar wasn't even there at that time.

Dawar's attitude was strengthening her fear. She wasn't wrong; in joint families, this often happens. Men, in their concern for their parents and siblings, often overlook their wives, and Dawar turned out to be just that type of man.

Laraib began to feel uneasy, so she sat up and placed her hand on her baby bump. Whether Dawar will divorce her or not, she doesn't know, but she would never let Dawar take her child away from her.

•••

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are preparing for takeoff. Please fasten your seatbelts securely and ensure all electronic devices are switched off."

Hyra, wide-eyed and slightly nervous, fidgeted with her seatbelt. She struggled to thread the two ends together.

With a huff, she turned to Hayder, who was clicking his seatbelt. With her one finger, she poked his arm, catching his attention.

"Yeh mujhse nahi ho raha." Hyra whispered, leaning closer to him.

(I can't do this.)

Hayder smiled reassuringly and nodded. He reached over and deftly guided the seatbelt ends together, securing them with a satisfying click.

As Hayder deftly secured Hyra's seatbelt, his movements fluid and confident, he felt a sudden urge to draw her closer. Wrapping his arm around her, he leaned in slightly.

Startled by the unexpected embrace, Hyra tensed up, her heart pounding in her chest. She quickly glanced around, aware of the other passengers nearby.

"Yeh aap kya kar rahe hain?" Hyra's eyes widened at Hayder's actions.

(What are you doing?)

"Kya kar raha hoon main?" Hayder questioned her as if he hadn't done anything.

(What am I doing?)

"Main toh sirf tumhe protect kar raha hoon. Janta hoon tumhara chirhiya jaisa dil jaldi darr jata hai."

(I'm just protecting you. I know your heart is as fragile as a bird's.)

Chirhiya jaisa dil? Hyra's face sulked, and she turned away, but as soon as the flight took off, she genuinely felt scared and unknowingly grabbed onto Hayder's arm tightly.

•••

A car arrived at Dubai airport to pick them up. Hayder first placed their luggage in the trunk, then opened the door for Hyra, and finally, he sat in the car himself. As the car started moving, Hyra was looking out the window. She was amazed by the buildings and beauty of Dubai.