Chapter 33

Just as Laraib was about to exit, they all noticed Dawar standing in the doorway, a curious expression on his face. "Kya hua?" he inquired, glancing between them.

(What happened?)

Hyra quickly diverted the conversation. "Kuch nahi, bhai, Uswa toh bas har waqt ulti seedhi baat karti hai." She flashed a reassuring smile, hoping to ease his suspicions.

(Nothing, bhai, Uswa just talks nonsense all the time.)

"Tum ulti baat karti ho, main toh seedhi baat karti hoon apni tarah." Uswa scoffs and told her off. Which made Hyra elbow her.

(You talk nonsense; I speak straightforwardly, like myself.)

Dawar, though still curious, nodded, deciding not to push further. "Dono ek jaise ho."

(Both are alike.)

He then shared the reason for his presence, "Waise Hayder aur main menu dekh rahe the, main socha tum log se bhi puch lein." On the mention of Hayder's name, it is when Uswa and Hyra notices Hayder behind Dawar.

(By the way, Hayder and I were looking at the menu; I thought I'd ask you guys too.)

Uswa's eyes lit up with excitement, "Laiye main dekhti hoon."

(Sure, let me check.)

"Haan yeh lo," Dawar went to sit with Uswa and passed her brochures. While Hayder went to sit on the other sofa alone.

(Yes, here you go.)

Hyra couldn't hide her joy either and looked at the brochure with Uswa.

"Bhabhi, aap bhi aiye na." Hayder saw Laraib was still standing there silently and invited her.

(Bhabhi, please come too.)

Laraib refuses straightforwardly, "Nahi mujhe inn sab mein koi interest nahi."

(No, I'm not interested in all this.)

Dawar shook his head, indicating to Hayder not to bother.

"Dawar bhai, gulab jamun nahi hain menu mein?" Hyra complained, confusingly.

(Dawar bhai, why there are no gulab jamuns on the menu?)

"Hai toh?" Dawar was shocked. He has specially told the caters to add gulab jamun in the menu.

(There aren't?)

"Sirf shadi mein hai, haldi aur mehendi mein nahi." Hyra said it with so much simplicity that it made Dawar laugh.

(Only in wedding, not in haldi and mehendi ceremonies.)

Hayder, watching the exchange, couldn't help but smile at Hyra's behaviour. And Uswa, who had lifted her head to interject, found her attention diverted to Hayder's smiling face, her eyes widening in surprise.

Dawar chuckled, "itni badi galti kaise ho gayi mujhse, bhool gaya tha tum toh breakfast, lunch, dinner mein bhi gulab jamun kha sakti ho. Baki ke din bhi banwa denge."

(How did I make such a big mistake? I forgot you can have gulab jamun in breakfast, lunch, dinner. We'll get them made on other days too.)

Hyra's eyes sparkled with delight, "Sach?"

(Really?)

"Sach," Dawar reassured her, his tone gentle.

(Really!)

Hayder, adding to the banter, teased, "Hyra, tum mithai wale corner pe hi baith jana."

(Hyra, just sit at the sweets corner.)