03, the very end of it all.

DRESS.
( goodbye, goodbye, goodbye. )
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

THE NEXT MORNING Charlotte found herself out her door by six in the morning.

The events of last night haunted her dreams and she found herself unable to sleep all night. She tossed and turned until she eventually gave up, just staring at the empty city beneath her by her bedside window.

If there was one thing Charlotte realized that night it was that she no longer loved the city anymore. All the fame and glamour that came with her the day she was born.

Anesthesia, amnesia, hypnosis.

She felt she had been blinded by it, and for the first time in her life, she could see all that was wrong about the Capitol, about it's way of life. She felt so sick of the place; like she just needed to get away as soon as possible. But she didn't know where she'd go, the districts? Or maybe even out of Panem.

The Vanderbilts had never travelled out of Panem and nor has anyone ever, but she needed that space and time away from here. From the country she once loved. Maybe she'd go to New York City, or Los Angeles even.

In her mind, those places were purely fictional, but she always had a dream to stay out there. It was similar to Panem in a way with it's beautiful city lights, but different enough it wouldn't feel the same.

The thought of moving elsewhere enthralled her as she thought about the life she could lead outside this place. Far away from the reprise of the Hunger Games and the boy who'd broke her heart even if they were never actually a thing.

The car came to a halt when the entrance of the Academy came into view. She thanked her driver and exited the car, walking her way straight to Heavensbee Hall to see if she could spot even the slightest glance of Wovey.

It seemed her luck turned to be taking a break that day because not only was she unable to even get a peek of Wovey, but Coriolanus Snow soon joined her in an awkward silence. Since it was still rather early, the other mentors were still eating breakfast and the cafeteria.

She only resumed to take her seat upfront, moving uncomfortably in her chair. She had a pen twirling within her fingers, her eyes staring dead ahead. At least half an hour later, students started to fill the hall and her seat was surrounded with her friends.

"Did you know the boy from 8 got killed?" Lysistrata asked, her eyes widened in shock.

"He did? When?" Charlotte pretended to act surprised.

"Last night maybe! Juno was throwing an absolute fit this morning at the cafeteria because they wouldn't play back the footage of who'd killed him!" Julianna added on.

"It's mad," Lysistrata said.

"Yeah. . . that's really unfair. I feel bad for Juno," Charlotte empathized.

"Guess so."

Soon after, the students were told to settle down as they commemorated a start to another dawn of the annual Hunger Games by singing the national anthem. Just then, Lucky Flickerman appeared in front of her, welcoming them to the second day of the tenth annual Hunger Games. "Whilst you all were sleeping, something very important happened last night. Let's take a look shall we?"

They cut back to the wide shot of the arena, and then slowly panned the camera toward the barricade, zooming in. Marcus' body had not been moved and it stayed lying lifelessly against the concrete floors. Only a few feet away was Bobbin's beat up body, in a seemingly worse condition that how he had been last night. The bloody limbs, the dislodged eye, the face so swollen it was unrecognizable. The sight of him made Charlotte want to violently throw up.