09: Hunting The Prey

One man down, four to go.
Ding!
[You Had Slain an Enemy!]
[+100 Gold Coins!]
[+200 EXP]
[EXP: 300/1.000 EXP]
[Reach Level 2 to attain your special reward!]
"Wow! That's a lot of EXPs for a single kill!" Wang Jun exclaimed inwardly. "Lots of gold coins also. Hmm, I can rebuild my castle in no time if this trend keeps going smoothly. But I need to be very careful and choose my target wisely. My castle and I were still not strong enough to withstand a full force raid, I have to kill them before they rise to power!"
Wang Jun was thrilled as the warm blood drenched on his hands. As expected, it's not only looks so real on visual level, but Virtual Insanity also offer the player with a real sensory experience. From the cool breeze that fell swoop upon the earth, the fresh scent of the blood, chest that heaved up and down due to adrenaline rush, everything in this game was akin to the reality itself.
'With this level of reality, how many people out there would get addicted to this game, I wonder?'
His face couldn't stop grinning due to the excitement, something inside him that had been suppressed for far too long now had surged to the surface. Wang Jun clenched his fists tightly, determined to kill the other four players and nothing could stop him or deemed him as a criminal afterwards.
Besides, that's the only law within the Virtual Insanity, the strongest shall rule the world and weaklings will either die trying or become someone else's dog to survive. Such is a reality of every living being in the universe, the same also applied in the current human's society, however, with a touch of 'civilized' terms to appease the public's opinions and control the hive mind of the majority.
Wang Jun was a weakling no longer, at least, in the game. But soon in the real world as well.
Shortly after those thoughts flashed in his mind, Wang Jun acknowledged why he was chosen by Bai Ning and her company to play this role. To become a villain was his privilege, born and made as one. But he has yet to prove himself worthy of it.
****
Wasting no time, Wang Jun tracked down the other four who had left the scene in search for him. It didn't take too long to find them trudging the dense and lush foliage of the forest.
Treading carefully under the shadow, Wang Jun concealed himself with his [Shadow Step].
Hou Yongyong, the leader, was on full alert, although he has no detecting skills due to his Class as a [Warrior], however, his gaming experience told him that there's an enemy nearby. "A Lan, activate the Scanner Ward. I can feel this rat bastard is watching us!"
"Roger!"
The skinny and nimble guy who chose [Rogue Thief] as his Class, had a talent to produce [Scanner Ward] to detect nearby players in a hundred meter radius.
Taotao, the [Priest], recited his [Heaven and Earth Sutra] to buff his party with 5% buff to all of their Stats at once for the next 5 Minutes. Meanwhile, Jiegei the [Vanguard] summoned the [Wall of Fists] that emerged from the ground about three meters tall.
One could say that their formation was impenetrable from the outside judging by their impeccable timing in casting their skill.
A Lan, the [Rogue Thief] alerted his party as the mini map before his eyes showed some movement. "Someone coming towards us! Get ready!"
"It must be him!"
Four of them readied their stance, expecting the imminent attack as the red dot on the mini map closed in with blinding speed. The tension spiked up amongst them but the incoming attack had not yet come.
"Where is he!" Hou Yongyong began to lose his calm.
A Lan checked the mini map and found out that the red dot marker had vanished, like it was never there in the first place.
"Shit! The game must be bugged!"
As the four began to panic, what came after that was unexplainable fear that was so severe as if the abyss itself had arrived upon them to claim their life.
Stab! Thud!
Taotao, the [Priest], was bewildered upon reading the screen that suddenly popped up in front of him.
[Critical Hit!]
[Health Point: -95%]
Taotao collapsed after the bloody hand protruded out of his chest, blood gushed out from his chest cavity, creating a puddle of blood below his feet, even in the face of death, Taotao gaze was fierce upon looking at the person who had killed him.
"Emperor Ya—" 
Crack!
Wang Jun snapped the latter's head 180 degree before he could spoke Wang Jun's in-game full username. He smirmi
A Lan and Jiegei, meanwhile, were petrified due to the effect of [Demonic Fear] that was activated by the young man with abysmal gaze.
Hou Yongyong wasn't much different than the two, he even shat himself as the [Demonic Fear] affecting his internal psyche.
"So weak," Wang Jun said coldly.
He smirked from ear to ear as he walked closer towards them. Even A Lan couldn't do anything when the demonic figure took his daggers from it's scabbard. 
Slash! Slash! 
With just a flick of his hands, two heads rolled down from their shoulders. Hou Yongyong shuddered in utter fear, his knees went limp and eventually gave up.
"P-please… Have mercy!" Hou Yongyong finally said it.
"Mercy, you said? That's so funny. What happened to the killing intent that you pointed at me not so long ago? Were you planned to kill me for loots?
Wang Jun pulled the latter's hair high, until his body hung on his neck. With his raw strength alone, Hou Yongyong chubby figure was as light as feather for him.
"I'll give you everything! Please, just let me go! I don't want to feel pain!"
"Why should I? If other persons were in your position, would you do the same and let them go? I doubt it! You lot are all just the same! Worry not, it's just death, nothing less and nothing more."
"No! No! No! Wait! Wait! Wait!"