~CHAPTER 6: MAYBE~

THE FALL OUT of the mysterious stranger coming through, was the protection that came from both werewolves and vampires

And us, of course.

Unfortunately, neither Carlos or Genevieve found a way to track the vampire, so that left us with casting as many protection spells as we could. Along with any tracker ones too, but without as much as a strand of Victoria's or this stranger's hair. We couldn't do anything else, anything actually useful...

Well, what I could do is try and help keep Bella safe. But knowing her, it won't be as easy as I'd like it to be.

"Here." I said, holding out a silver ring with a black stone, as we stood in front of Charlie's house.

Bella took the ring, frowning lightly "It's your birthday in a few days and not mine... so why am I getting a gift?"

I smiled a bit, showing off my own hands, where my own ring with an black tourmaline sat, along with many others with different stones.

"Black Tourmaline is the best of the best, when it comes to protective stones. Alongside a couple of spells, it will keep you safer and keep your blood from stinking up the place." I watched as she put on the ring with satisfaction, before poking her chest "But—"

"Ouch?"

"— that doesn't mean that you should go off and do dumb shit. Got it?"

She nodded quickly, rubbing the place where I poked here, before asking "So I... won't smell anymore? My blood I mean?"

"You shouldn't, but you're... still different, so I don't know how it'll go if you cut yourself or something." I scrunch my nose, before shaking my head saying "Maybe I should just wrap you in a bubble wrap, stuff you somewhere until we get this—"

"How about no?" she said, raising her brow before chuckling nervously "I mean... you were joking right?"

I just stared at her long and hard, before finally saying "Hardly."

Just as she looked ready to respond, a familiar car pulled up into the driveway, making me huff while Bella jumped and ran up to greet her boyfriend.

Crossing my arms I just stared, as they hugged and kissed. All as if they hadn't seen each other just yesterday.

It made me frown as I went back, thinking if I ever acted the same as them with... Jasper. Honestly, I don't think so... right? It was different, with all the urges and other stuff on his part... along with my shyness, inexperience and bad habit of saying the dumbest shit

"Thea."

Looking to the side, I just returned "Edward."

He swallowed, bringing my attention to his black eyes. Why was he acting so... stiff? It was his hunger sure, but he shouldn't be able to smell me or Bella. So why the nervousness?