three

the next day

instagram:

@miasummers posted a new story, 04/24/24:

seen by @kalebtrekk, @marleyariti, and 255 othersliked by @kalebtrekk

liked by @kalebtrekk

I get to work this morning and see Kaleb inside. We work together and I teach his younger sister. He is a really sweet guy and I know he likes me, but I don't like him. I just want to stay friends, nothing more. He doesn't know that.

"Hey Mia!" Kaleb greets and I smile as I put my belongings in the back. I organize the shelves a bit and then go outside to clean up from some rain and wind we had yesterday.

As I pick up some leaves, I hear a girl say, "Oh guys! This place says they do surf lessons! Let's go here!" I go back inside and don't see Kaleb. He must be in the back.

I'm at the register when she and a couple others come in. They look a lot familiar but I shake it off, knowing that it's probably just my imagination.

"Hiii! We'd like to get surfing lessons!" The girl says with a smile. "Of course, how many of you will be wanting to do it?" I ask and she says four, mentioning something to her friends about Jacob being too good for them. I nod and give them each papers to fill out about what they want and liability stuff too.

It takes them about 5 minutes to fill it out. I get them back and note that I have opening tomorrow. "If you all would like to do it together, I have a four hour slot that I can have you all come in for." I happily say.

They agree and they leave the shop, happy to get the lessons tomorrow. Kaleb comes back in and asks what they came in for. I tell him and he nods, looking a bit upset.

"I think I am fully booked tomorrow." I say cheerfully, knowing this should get me good money. Kaleb and I continue talking and we get about twelve other customers before I have to leave to go give lessons.

As I'm leaving out the back, I see Patrizia—the owner—working on her computer. I shout her name and wave goodbye. "Bye sweetheart, hope you have some good lessons!!" She calls back. She is the nicest boss ever.

@caileespaeny posted a new story, 04/24/24: