3.1

Butterflies-Kaycee Musgrave
Show timeline - S1E4-5ish

It has been a week since the night Addy was walked to the barn by Conway and he did not let her forget about him since then

It has been a week since the night Addy was walked to the barn by Conway and he did not let her forget about him since then. The girl has woken up every morning to Gator knocking on her door with a bouquet of flowers that was left on the front porch from her, thankfully Gator was nice enough to hand deliver the flowers to spare the girl from her her family finding out. Now Addy was completely in awe with the boys romantic gestures but considering it was winter in Montana and these flowers were freshly bloomed/ very fancy she had no clue how he was getting them and she was upset that he was foolishly spending his money trying to woo her. He was correct that it would woo her but she didn't want him thinking she would only like him if he bought her nice things. Not only did he have the flowers delivered for her but he secretly left little notes tucked in the parchment paper surrounding the blooming beauties , some would say how lovely she looked the day prior ( and no he was not a stalker but these past few days they have locked eyes across the ranch) , Addy unfortunately has not had a chance to privately pull him aside to thank him for the gesture and scold him at the same time. He worked quite often and now that Addy had settled into living on the ranch she has asked her grandfather for a job around the ranch to make some money, he gladly offered for her to take care of the smaller animal and the greenhouse/garden knowing it was something she would be interested in doing but also excel in keeping things up to date . She also has been submitting applications and writing essays to submit to local colleges within driving distance, she has been quite busy between all of that but she has also picked up learning to cook from Gator ( which may explain why he's helping keep the flowers a secret ) her family has been quite busy , her mother was working against her uncle Jamie in the political agenda for John, and Kaycee was busy taking care of Monica ever since the accident at her school the other day , something about Monica trying to break up a fight and getting assaulted pretty badly by a student . Addy prayed that Monica would make a quick recovery and has been keeping tabs with Kaycee who told her that she was home resting.

At the moment it was about five in the morning and Addy was pulling home made cinnamon rolls she made from scratch, why is she baking at this hour ? Well ranchhands start their day super early and today Addy was determined to catch Conway when he came to drop off the daily bouquet, she looked out the window seeing the pouring rain falling into the overflowing horse trough which was only visible due to  the the porch light ( another hint that Addy was awake way earlier then normal, she beat the sun for once ) she noticed the delicious treats she made for the boy had cooler off enough for her to place them in a tubberware , she pulls out the small note she wrote for him placed it on top the treats tying it all together with a dainty pink ribbon. She placed it in a little red cooler and jogged over to shove her cowboy boots on, she snuck out the front door quietly hoping she wouldn't wake her mother or grandfather up. Sucking a breath in when she stepped outside due to Montanas harsh cold air, and preparing herself for the walk in the pouring rain- it was worth it Addy told herself , Conway would be worth it. Clicking on the battery operated flash light she made her way trying to keep the red cooler from collecting too much rain, her pajamas were practically soaked when she made it to the bunkhouse.  After Collecting her nerves and pointlessly trying to fix her hair , she looked around trying to find the perfect place on the porch to place the cooler. Kneeling down to place it on the ground she was startled when the door suddenly  came open , someone stepping out . Conway Jacobs in his wranglers and carhartt coat with a coffee mug in one hand and then a fresh set of flowers in the other , which he was holding under the opening of his coat, to keep them from getting wet. He looked down at Addy in surprise midsipping his coffee , he slowly brought the cup away from his face revealing the biggest smirk on his face. He quickly set the cup inside on a table and then stepped back outside closing the door behind him quietly, not wanting to wake up the rest of ranch hands before they were to be up. Addy was completely frozen , she never thought that he would catch her returning the favor , she just wanted to be beat him to the punch. So still crouched with the cooler in her hands she watched Conway put his hands on his hips, looking at her. " Well well well, what do we have here ,"  Addy could feel the blush creeping up her neck and climbing it's way to her face , she stood up hastily clutching the cooler behind her back.

" uh .. nothing I was just taking a walk Conway uh have a good day I guess," she spins on her foot making her way towards the driveway when she heard him follow behind ," Addy," she shook her head in embarrassment hoping he would forget it, the blush to her dismay had definitely reached her face .  She continued her pace towards the house, hearing him call her name then suddenly she felt a soft hand pull her to a stop, and spun her around. Startled but in a good way , she is met with Conway holding her by her hand looking down at her with a shy but goofy smile, " Addy it's ok" his eyes looking at her from head to toe , his eyes lighting up at her pajama pants ( white with pink and blue stripes ) that were hastily tucked in her cowboy boots , he looked back at her face. She was biting down on her lip and her eyes were nervously looking at him, god she was adorable.He noticed the already harsh rain had somehow increased its power , not wanting his girl to get sick in the winter downpour he dropped her hand - only to shrug his coat off handing it to her .

Addys jaw dropped and she instantly started refusing ," Conway I am not taking your coat,  you need it for work, I am just going to go inside please just forget this morning," shaking her head but looking to see him starting at her holding out the coat  with a determined look etched on his handsome face, she sighed knowing he wasn't backing down. Going to take the coat out of his hands he withdrewed the coat back towards him," No way darling ," she quickly realized he wasn't joking about his acts of chivalry, she let him help her out the coat on and even putting the hood up. As soon as his hand was free he took hers again, and lead her back to her front porch. When they arrived to the front door , he stopped her with a smirk on his face , " So Addy I was really trying to be polite but I have to ask, are you stalking me or were you waiting for someone else to step out of the bunkhouse ," he released a sigh , and shook his head in a comedic way," if that's so , I just want you to know I'll have to fight to the death for your hand." He joked.

Addy sputtered out a response but realized it may be better just being honest ," If I tell you then you have to promise you won't make fun of me ," Conway made the scouts honor gesture implying her agreed to her promise. " I wanted to beat you this morning and bring you a gift."

Conway blue eyes met hers in surprise ," Ohhh...is that so?"

" Yes," Addy opens the cooler under the porch and hands him the container with the still warm cinnamon rolls with the note attached. Conways leaned back when he opened the note causing Addy to suck in a breath she suddenly made herself captivated with the zipper of the coat she wore, fiddling with it pretending her heart wasn't on the line at this very moment . She suddenly felt hands take hers causing her head to fly up , Conway was leaning over her " So you think my eyes are pretty huh?"
Addy giggled and shook her head in amusement realizing he was still here and took her little compliment with delight . She looked back  at the cinnamon rolls and gestured them to the bit in front of her ," I hope you like them it was my first time making them and I uh- knew you wake up early so I .. uh wanted to make sure you had breakfast before starting work and I'm sorry for not asking if you liked them or not before making them I -uh" Conway slowly placed his hands on her face propping her face up landing a small kiss on her lips. Her eyes widened when he drew back a bit ." Addy they are perfect , absolutely perfect." She felt her lips draw back in a wide smile looking at him she raised herself on tiptoes pulling him down by his damp tshirt , pulling him into a deep kiss . Conway being the gentleman he was didn't expect this but placed his hands on the wall behind her out of respect but kissed her back with just as much curiosity. After running out of air they both drew back realizing the sun has crept up finally adding some light into the sky and the rain had slowed to nearly a stop, Conways eyebrow raised and then looked down at the petite blonde next to him," Darling it looks like we woke up the world with that kiss," Addy smiled back at him, leaning her head on his arm watching the sun rise over the mountains the two of them split the warm cinnamon rolls discussing their plans for the day between kisses , eventually the rest of the ranch hands made their way out of the bunkhouse making Conway know it was time for work. Standing up from the chair next to her he drew his trucker cap off his head putting it over his heart," Well it seems it's time for me to head off , " he took Addys hand helping her out of the chair and walking her to the door, " you should change out of those wet clothes before you get sick, I'll try to come around to help you with your part of the ranch later." He smiles down to her running his hands over her arms trying to warm her up," we will make a little date out of it ." Addy closes her eyes and smiles as he places a kiss on her lips and then on her forehead he turned the knob for her, then made his way down the driveway towards the rest of his team. As Addy closes the front door behind her sighing in content she looks up seeing her mom down the hall staring with a amused look and an eyebrow lifted she walked up ti the window by the front door, " He is a cute one Addy , good job ."

Addy shakes her head at her mom giggling and then running up to her room to shower and change for the day.

——————————————