3.4

The small group heads up into the valley , making their way to where some of the cattle lays .

They were in a calm silence , the only sound coming from the hoofs of the horses on the ground.

" Ya going to tell me who did that to you or are you going to make me beg ?"

Addy looks behind her to see Conway making his horse catch up with her to have a conversation. Addy shakes her head and ponders wether or not to bring it up before looking back at him," I tried to break up a fight and caught a fist to the face on the rez."

Conways face darkened as he accessed the dark bruises ,"  Do we know the names of those assholes ?"

The girl looked over at him, and although she knew she shouldn't be feeling a certain way when she saw the stern look upon the boys face , she realized it drove her a bit crazy........ in a good way.  She looked him up and down admiring the way his hands curled over the reigns and then she spoke up," No , I don't know them ."

Conways clicks his tongue and shakes his head ," Guess it's their lucky day then ."

" How come ?"

He turned over to her," Because now I can't give them a visit, boys that lay their hands on women don't deserve to hands at all."

Addy gulps at Conways confession , this being the first time she saw him with anything but happiness on his face, deep down she knew that this wasn't just him joking around.  She quickly cleared her throat ,"You would do that for me ?"

Conway looks at her in the eye ," Darling, I don't think there's anything I wouldn't do for you."

Addys jaw dropped at his words, and went to reply when Walker suddenly approached them , Jimmy trailing behind.

"Sorry for you having to see the public display of affection between your mother and I this morning , next time we will find a private venue ." Walker says as he looks to Addy.

His words causing the girl to curl her lip in disgust, " For your sake Casanova, there shouldn't be a next time ."

Jimmys eyes grew wide at the girls words and he looked at Conway , who seemed equally surprised but had a smirk on his face at the blondes temper which was starting to show.

Walkers eyes rose to his brows," For my sake ? Is that a threat , little wheeler ?"

Addy shook her head ," I'm just saying you shouldn't put yourself in something you don't belong in."

" To my knowledge, your mother is single. Doesn't seem like your parents are together , not to ruin your family dream sunshine." Walker says getting snarky with the girl and to his surprise this caused her to laugh,

"Listen buddy, your new around here so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt . Stay away from my mother , your not what she needs right now , and she's not going to be your next conjugal visitor when you wind up back in the bin."

Conway held in a laugh at his girls clap back and looked at Walker who seemed equally impressed at her," You got that fire in you girl , and I'm man enough to say that I just got burned."

Realizing that the message didn't get across to Walker the way she meant , she made a mental note to tell her father to keep an eye on him.

"So you wanna walk me through what the fսck we're doing here? " Walker asks Conway as they travel through the woods .

"Herding some cattle down the valley , heard there's a bear to be on the look out for ." He answers back noticing Addy who was a bit ahead stopped in the middle of the woods , she turned her head to look at him,