Chapter 14

Disclaimer: This chapter has lots of mention of blood, talks on things which may be gore some .

.............

Kaede rushes around the forest surrounding the village, the surrounding changes from light shrubs to to thick tall forest. There were echoing sounds of birds and small chirps from insects;it was a good sign, it was a sign of life.

She runs,mentally keeping track of every turn in direction she takes,she can't affords to waste time getting lost. If what the little girl said was accurate she was running on a time limit...

The dark haired sorcerer was also made sure to mark the trees on the direction she was headed; incase anything where to happen, they—Yuta and the window could track her down.

The girl comes to a halt as she sees a small trail, barely visible from the overgrown grasses and bushes. She keeps eye on the trail and follows it until it eventually leads her to an opening.

"A small shrine..." Kaede breathe out. The architect was as small as a shed and run down, talisman were pasted on it but the most important thing was a sense of cursed energy radiating from inside it. She steels herself,taking in a deep breath, opens the door.

Inside was a small cloth piece wrapping up whatever it is was inside. Kaede sighs in relief. 'At least there wasn't a curse attached to it.' She takes in piece and walks back to the village where the window, Shino would be dispelling the curse.

Following back the trail,she sees Yuta in a distance knocking on a door with a frown on his face; no doubt the villagers were letting him in. "Yuta!" She calls out, the boy turns around face instantly brightens. "I got something."

Yuta runs over. "Is that the thing causing the curse."

"I'm not sure." Kaede shakes her head. "But this thing does contain some energy to it..." she gestured to the where the car was and walks,closely followed by Yuta.

"Shino-san..." the window looks over and smiles. Kaede when close enough, hands the objected to him.

"Thank you for you effort, Kaede and Yuta." He nods as his hands form a symbol, and immediately words form near the object as a light glow was emerging it. Shino has the ability of dispelling curses—nothing too strong. He was helpless in cases of Orimoto Rika or destroying Sukuna's scattered fingers, but this was doable.

The object burst into blue flames which emit no heat and when it did dies down, Shino smiles. "We're done..."

Yuta looks over to Kaede and smiles. "We're done with this mission, Kaede—"

The girl suddenly falls to the ground with a thud.

"Kaede-san...?"

Yuta looks confused. What happened? Kaede was just there? Huh?

Shino's worried voice broke him from this thoughts. "Okkotsu, what happened?"

"Shino-San...The curse is still active." Kaede breaths out, she wasn't unconscious but she her knees felt weak as if all bones in her body was dissolved, nothing to hold her up. Her body felt hot and her vision was hazy. "Yuta don't get close to me... it'll spread to you."

Yuta feels helpless, even though he is perfectly fine and body all functioning, he couldn't even reach down to hold her up... to comfort her. "Shino-san, can you take Kaede to that house." He points to the house where they found the girl with a curse. "There is another victim there."

"What about you, Okkotsu-kun?" Shino reaches down to Kaede and wraps her hands around his neck, pulling her up. "The situation has changed, it would be better to wait for Gojo now."