Chapter 1

AMINA
————
The first thing I heard in the morning is that annoying alarm of my phone. It always makes me jump in fear. Usually,I'm a light sleeper so I wake up easily,but not today.
I get up and go to get ready for and other work day at the hospital where I work as a nurse. I go to the bathroom,brush my teeth and jump in the shower.
As I'm showering, I see the bruises on my wrists. And also some pieces of glass and the dried blood on my stomach. As I gently pick up the glass pieces off and gently scrub all of the blood off, it started to bleed again. But not as much as last night.
I go and get the first aid kit and sit down on the toilet. As soon as alcohol touches the wound, I his in pain as tears started to form in my eyes.
My mind goes back to yesterday's evening.
Flashback:
I hear the noise of a car at our driveway. It looks like dad just came back home. Drunk like always.
He comes inside and his eyes land on me. His glare makes me shiver in fear.
He sat on the sofa and calmly told me to go and make him something to eat. Without saying anything I go to the kitchen and start to do something he would like.
I go to the fridge and get the things out of there.
When I'm done with the cooking, I go and  tell dad that the dinner is ready and warm on the table, waiting for him.
He sat on the chair and, again calmly, tells me to get him two or three bottles of beer from the fridge.
Of course, I go and get them, wondering in my mind, "Why isn't he yelling like always? Why isn't he calling me names? Why isn't he hitting me? Why isn't he complaining about how much of a disappointment I am?".
As I'm thinking all of this, I trip on the corner of the counter and fell on the floor. Along with the beer bottles which broke into pieces under me.
The noise of them breaking filled the silence on the room.
I started to panic. "Oh my god. Oh, no. Please no no no no. Dad I'm so sorry. Really. Please , forgive me. I didn't mean to. Let me go grab some other ones and brin..."
I didn't even finish the sentence when I felt a hard hand on my face.
"You don't know how to do one single simple task that I gave you, do you? Oh, you are such a disappointment. I don't even know why are you so dumb. You are my daughter. You are supposed to be smart like me and your mother but no. You are not.", dad says as he hits me again and again.
I was laying in my stomach on top of the beer bottles' broken pieces and I could feel them pierce through my skin and the alcohol making the pain worse.
Then he grabs me hard by my wrists and pushes me into the living room.
I was waiting for him to jump on me again and was preparing myself for it. But to my surprise, all he says is "I have been through 4 hard surgerys today and I am exhausted to beat you up right now. You are a lucky little bitch."
And with that he leaves. Lucky me!
I go to my room, lock the door and lay on the ground.
My mother is not home yet. Good. Even if she was, it wouldn't make a difference. She would just sit on the sofa and always ignore what dad does to me.
It has always been like this. She doesn't care about me. Just about my success. So she can brag to her friends for the perfect daughter she has.
"Oh my daughter has always been a straight A's student. She even graduated college with VERY good grades."
This kind of situations send me back when I was a little child where my parents will push me to be the best student in my school;
when I was a teenager where my mother will make me feel insecure about everything in me and push me to look better, to learn how to do my make up and put me into strict diets to get some beautiful curves;  and....
And when I was in love with Him.
I am to exhausted to go to the bathroom and clean my wound right now so I just lay down on the bed and immediately pass out."
End of flashback
After all of that, I put all of the things back in the first aid kit and go to my walk-in closet. It can be a walk-in closet but it is not even half filled. I grab some random stuffs and put them on.
They come out pretty well. A blue t-shirt with a white butterfly on it and some loose jeans.
I brush my hair and with some make up, try to cover the last night's bruises.
As I'm putting my shoes on, my best friend Alice texts me saying that she was at the café close to my house waiting for me to go to work together.
We two has been best friend since we were 6 years old and until now that we work in the same hospital with the same profession.
Even why sometimes she may look like a person who cares only about money, she isn't like that.
She is a beautiful blonde girl with blue eyes and of course, she is my ride or die.
But she doesn't know anything that goes on in my house and mind.
I ran as fast as I can to the Jimmy's café and see that Alice was waiting for me enjoying her coffee. I also get mine and go next to her.
We hug like we haven't seen each other for a decade even why we were together in yesterday's shift.
"Girl.Where have you been? I have been texting you all night to tell you about my first date with Jakob." She says.
"Sorry, I must have not heard it. I was to exhausted from yesterday's shift. Especially with Mrs. Smith at room seven. She would complain about the smallest thing in her room." I say back.
"Ok ok. Now let me tell you how this shitty date with "rich" Jakob went. So first of all he came to pick me up WITHOUT an expensive car he said he owns and he sends me to a cheap stake house even why he knows that I am a vegetarian. Unbelievable. And also..."she started to tell me how boring her date with Jakob was all the walk to the hospital.
Even why we have our own cars, we prefer to walk to hospital since it is not so far from our houses.
When we arrived at the hospital, we go to the changing room and get under our nurses uniforms and get out of there. Ready for an other tiring shift.

--------------------------------------------------------------
First chapter is here guys 😆🤗
I wrote it yesterday but forgot to poste it sorry.😅❤️❤️