2: rooftop conversation with an angel.

Ever since Percy pulverised our teacher, Mrs. Dodds. I had trouble sleeping, every time i took a nap or fell asleep at night, she would be there.

Slicing her talons at me and hissing, i would never forget the terrifying sight that she was. I wouldn't forget how her eyes had glowed like barbecue coals. Her leathery wings still give me the creeps in my dreams and occasionally i had felt like i was lifted off the ground before i felt myself plummeting towards the ground.

She had slashed at me, ripping my stomach open and my guts falling out. I had ran around the museum in my dreams, screaming and pleading for someone to help. Because only god knows I couldn't do it myself.

You can't blame a twelve year old girl for not knowing how to fight. I never thought i would need to know how to fight, i did some judo as a six years old, mostly because Percy had too much energy and pent up anger that needed to be released, but i sucked and i didn't like it.

I know Percy has been worried about me since, he had noticed my fair share of sleepless nights. I would read a book when he went to sleep and most of the time i would be reading again once he woke up. I rarely slept more than three hours a night.

Most of the time, i really didn't know what to do. I just kept reading and Mr Brunner was worried about my health too.

It was a late afternoon, i know that Mr Brunner still be in his classroom grading our homework. I had knocked softly before i had walked into his classroom, closing the door behind me.

He looked up at me, i'm sure he could tell i looked a wreck.

Outside it was storming once more, much to my dislike. It's been storming a lot lately, like the sky and ocean are at war with each other.

"Ah, Miss Jackson!" Mr Brunner said, laying his pen down on his desk. "What can i do for you?"

I walk to the front of his desk, take a seat on one of the tables. If it had been a normal class, Mr Brunner would have told me off about it, but since i came to his classroom a lot after classes. He didn't bother telling me off about it then.

I cast my eyes quickly to the sky, out the window, the clouds are black.

"I was wondering, hypothetically." I say. "Since there are so many artefacts of the greek mythology and so many stories and art forms. Would it be possible that they exist?"

Mr Brunner looks at me like i asked him the weirdest question in the world. Like i was asking if there were aliens. But he smiled, and shakes his head. "I'm sure they did once."

I tilt my head, once.

It feels like he's holding back, like he knows that what he's saying isn't true, but a lie. "Once," i say, casting a look out of the window, once more. "Then why does it feel like that isn't true?"

Mr Brunner gives me a look i don't understand, worried and yet he looks out the window, wheeling it up there. "What do you mean, miss Jackson?" He asks, i can tell by the way he is looking over the school terrain that he's looking for something.

I don't know what it is, but for a second, i see something within the storm. I have to blink a couple of times but the figure of what i could only assume of Mrs. Dodds to disappear. I don't like seeing her leathery wings anywhere.

"Since the museum, sir." I say, he turns his wheelchair to look at me. "Since the museum, I haven't slept much. I don't know if I imagined it or not. But i saw my teacher, Mrs. Dodds turn into a fury. Or at least, i think i did."

Mr Brunner sighs, his face turns unreadable for a moment before it softens and he smiles at me. "I can assure you, Miss Jackson, we never had a Mrs. Dodds as teacher and no human can turn into a kindly one."