15: Percy ruins a perfectly good bus.

It didn't take me long to pack. Percy decided to leave the Minotaur horn in our cabin, which left us only an extra change of clothes and a toothbrush to stuff in a backpack Grover had found for us. Which Percy would wear, i tucked the golden sword hilt between my jeans and belt.

As we left our cabin, Will seemed to wait at the steps of our cabin porch. He seemed lost in mind as we stepped close to him, he looked up at my brother first. He nodded at Percy before he turned around to look at me.

"Daphne, can i speak with you? Before you leave?" Will asked.

I nodded my head, Percy went ahead. I took a seat on the steps of my cabin. "What do you want to talk about?"

He seemed nervous, fidgeting with his fingers as he held something in his hand. I didn't know what he wanted to talk about but it was obvious that he was nervous to do so.

He scratched behind his head. "My father told me to give you something."

My eyes widened. "Apollo?"

"He knows of the quest, said that it had already begun and couldn't give this himself, he asked me to do." It shocked me that Apollo had asked Will to give me something. It must be weird for him to learn that his father cares for someone that isn't his own kids.

"Oh." Was all i could say.

Will pulled a small satin jewellery bag from his pocket.

I gently took it, when he held it out to me. I pulled it open and saw a shiny golden necklace within. I took it out, admiring the chain before i saw the pendant that hang from the chain, it was a beautiful and elegant swan, his sacred animal.

"We all, us kids of his, have some piece of jewellery like it. Depending on your personality, you'll get a pendant with it, that suits you. He thought of a swan." Will explained.

I was shocked, i hadn't thought he would give me something like that. It seems quite the gift to give, something so personal. I almost felt inadequate to have such a thing and to put it on.

I carefully clasped the necklace around my neck. "I'll have to thank him for it, and you, for giving it to me." I said.

Will blushed and smiled. "It's charmed, it's why it shines like a mini sun."

"It's beautiful, Will. Tell him that."

Will nodded. "Of course, the charm however, protects you from minor harm like scrapes and bruises, it slows down the process of bleeding out, you can always call for help from him. It's got some other things but i'll let you explore and experience that."

"You're not weirded out about this, are you?"

"Not really, he genuinely likes you." Will said. "I'll have to go, i don't want to hold up your guest. Come back safe!"

With that, he ran off. And i went along with my preparations for the guest.

The camp store loaned us one hundred dollars in mortal money and twenty golden drachmas. These coins were as big as Girl Scout cookies and had images of various Greek gods stamped on one side and the Empire State Building on the other. The ancient mortal drachmas had been silver, Chiron told us, but Olympians never used less than pure gold. Chiron said the coins might come in handy for non-mortal transactions-whatever that meant. He gave Annabeth, Percy and me each a canteen of nectar and a Ziploc bag full of ambrosia squares, to be used only in emergencies, if we were seriously hurt. It was god food, Chiron reminded us. It would cure us of almost any injury, but it was lethal to mortals. Too much of it would make a half-blood very, very feverish. An overdose would burn us up, literally.