701-705

Chapter 701— Nalan Zhengze's Compromise

Shangguan Qi was embarrassed and angrily flicked his sleeves. He denied any marriage contract with Nalan Feixue, stating that he had only come to visit Junior Apprentice Nalan. He expressed no intention of proposing. With that, he declared his departure.

Nalan Feixue, in a state of panic, rushed forward and desperately clung to the crown prince's clothes. She cried out, pleading for him to fulfill his promise to marry her. She refused to marry the "fat man" and begged the crown prince to save her.

Shangguan Qi's eyes showed a hint of pity, but when he saw Nangong Yu's ambiguous gaze, he forcefully pushed Nalan Feixue away and coldly scolded her for pestering someone else while being engaged to another person. He criticized Nalan Zhengze for not teaching his children properly.

Nalan Zhengze's face turned various shades of color as the situation escalated. Nangong Yu was determined to marry Nalan Hexi, Shangguan Qi didn't dare to offend him, and the Zhu Family was set on marrying Nalan Feixue. It seemed that the situation had become irreversible.

Feeling exhausted, Nalan Zhengze sighed heavily, appearing older than his years. He looked at Zhu Yiqun, clenched his teeth, and reluctantly agreed to settle his daughter's marriage on that day.

Zhu Yiqun, overjoyed and afraid that Nalan Zhengze might change his mind, quickly proposed tomorrow as the wedding day. He mentioned that the Zhu Family had already prepared everything, including the wedding ceremony and the arrival of their sedan chair at three o'clock in the afternoon to take Nalan Feixue away.

Nalan Feixue, filled with horror, tightly held onto her father's hand, shaking her head and pleading not to go through with the wedding.

Zhu Zhongba, who had recovered from his father's comforting words, smiled happily upon learning that he would marry Nalan Feixue. He looked at her affectionately, promising that the Zhu Family would treat her well as long as she took care of him. However, his eyes revealed a lecherous gaze that made Nalan Feixue feel nauseous.

Overwhelmed, Nalan Feixue rolled her eyes and fainted, collapsing like her mother, Mrs. Nalan.

Zhu Yiqun, seemingly oblivious to the scene, smiled and pressured Nalan Zhengze to agree to the wedding the next day. He warmly invited Nangong Yu and the crown prince to attend the ceremony before leaving with his son.

After Zhu Yiqun's departure, Shangguan Qi, feeling embarrassed, quickly left without engaging in further conversation with Nalan Ziyun. He ordered his subordinates to carry the betrothal gifts and made his exit.

Nangong Yu achieved his desired outcome, obtaining Nalan He Xi's written marriage proposal from Nalan Zhengze. Satisfied, he left with a sense of accomplishment.

Left alone, Nalan Zhengze gazed at his unconscious daughter and wife on the ground, feeling his blood surge and his vision darken. He was on the verge of fainting himself.

Chapter 702— Unwilling to Give Up

Nalan Ziyun, unable to contain himself, looked at He Xi once the King of Hell had left. "He Xi, when did you meet the King of Hell? Why didn't you mention it earlier? The Nalan Mansion is currently in a major crisis. If the King of Hell is willing to help, we wouldn't have anything to fear. Why didn’t you say anything?"

He Xi responded with a nonchalant smile, "Oh, I met him a long time ago, but I didn’t know he was the King of Hell."

Nalan Ziyun's eyes were filled with disbelief and anger. He accused He Xi of arrogance due to the favor she had received from the King of Hell. He reminded her, "He Xi, don't forget that the Nalan Mansion is your family. Without the support of a strong family, do you think you can stand firm in the King of Hell's Mansion? With your mortal qualifications and no cultivation base, even the servants of the King of Hell's Mansion can bully you. Let's see what you can do then?"