TWO: 𝑯𝒂𝒛𝒆𝒍 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔

✿◉。⁠*°Hazel green eyes◉。⁠*°✿

Hadya's pov

I knocked on the door and went inside to see him working, eyes fixed on the desktop.

"You are thirty two minutes late Ms. Hadya" he spoke without looking at me.

"I'm sorry sir, but this was the least time i could take to check them thoroughly" i replied.

He looked at me with a piercing gaze "i hope there are no mistakes" he extended his hand.

I placed the files on his hand and he started to check them "you can leave" he said.

I walked out towards my desk, i placed my head on the table while closing my eyes and massaging my neck.

"What happened, are you okay?" I listened to Zeva's voice making me hum.

"What do you mean by hum?" I could feel the annoyance in her voice.

I turned my face towards her my cheek coming in contact with the cold woody desk "He is a heartless person. I worked for straight four and half hours without having my lunch and he's telling me that i was half an hour late to submit the files. The girl whom he's going to marry, may Allah give her strength to handle this cold man"

She chuckled at me "but he's too handsome. I think she'll be luckiest girl. Moreover you can fall in love with him who knows" she winked at me.

"La hawla wala kuwata illa billah" i said making her chuckle "I'll never marry a man who doesn't respect the woman and their work and will be a rude person like him" i added.

"He's not rude. The circumstances have made him" she said making me frown

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Everyone says he had a girlfriend whom he loved more than himself but she left him after their eight year of relationship. That's why he doesn't like girls or talk to them" she explained.

"Allah knows better. You can't judge her, she might have her reason. And let's stop it here i don't want to increase my sins due to backbiting" i said "do you want a coffee" she nodded and i walked towards the kitchen making two cups of coffee.

✿✿✿✿✿

I was left alone as everyone left and i was working overtime. I listened to the door opening sound but didn't look up from my screen knowing he might too be leaving, but the footsteps started getting more closer and i listened to a deep voice from my back "didn't you leave yet?"

Is he serious? He asked me to work overtime how can i leave. Is he pretending to be nice?

I looked at him "overtime" i simply said and started working again.

"You should leave, it's already past six" he said making my eyes go wide.

"Oh my God, Eomma must be tensed" i took my phone to see ten calls from Laiba (sister), as my phone was silent.