| 007: pogue at heart |

007| POGUE AT HEART |tw: drug use & smocking

007
| POGUE AT HEART |
tw: drug use & smocking

Sitting between JJ and Pope in the backseat, Jade headed with the Pogues to the cemetery, hoping to learn more about the treasure and the coded messages left by John B's deceased father.

As the others looked through the windows, Jade noticed that her thigh was getting closer to JJ's with every bump in the road.

"Oh princess, did you want a hit of this?" the blond asked, showing her the weed he had in his hand.

She shot him a disgusted look and pushed his hand away. "Eww, JJ, get that shit away from me!" she exclaimed, clearly repulsed.

"You know what your problem is, princess?" the blond sighed, "It's that you don't get creative!"

"If pretending to date me in front of my parents is what you call creative, I don't want it!" she retorted, slightly annoyed at the thought of being grounded because of him.

"Guys you should've seen their faces!" he chuckled proudly. The Kook furrowed her brows, feigning irritation, yet JJ's laughter made her crack a smirk.

While the blond used one hand to smoke, he rested the other between their thighs, accidentally sliding his fingertips along Jade's exposed skin, despite the brevity of her shorts. A jolt of electricity surged through her, heightening the palpable tension between them and compelling their smiles to fade away.

Once they arrived at their destination, the group of five teenagers got out of the car. JJ, being the first to exit the backseat, extended his hand to his friend to help her down.

"Princess," he murmured playfully, his eyes twinkling mischievously as Jade's delicate fingers intertwined with his own.

As her feet made contact with the ground, she released his hand with an exasperated eye roll. "Stop flirting with me, you idiot!" she sighed, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

Fortunately, the night had fallen, shielding her flushed cheeks from prying eyes, except for Jade herself, who could feel the warmth on her face every time the blond glanced her way.

JJ took a puff of his weed before raising his hands in the air to show his innocence. "I'm not flirting, but if you want me to flirt, I'll flirt," he defended himself with a smirk while smoke escaped from his mouth.

"Guys, stop flirting with each other," Pope interrupted them, reminding to follow the rest of the group. "We have way more important stuff to do!"