| 009: the party |

009| THE PARTY |tw: mention of drugs & alcohol

009
| THE PARTY |
tw: mention of drugs & alcohol

Hand in hand, Jade and Rafe entered the house where the party was taking place. All eyes turned towards them, surprised to see the duo back together. Rafe guided her towards his circle of friends, where she caught sight of her brother, completely wasted.

"What a surprise!" Sam exclaimed amidst the pulsating music, enveloping his sister and best friend in a embrace. "Didn't expect you guys to get back together!"

Rafe wrapped an arm around the girl's body and kissed her on the cheek. "I told you I was gonna win her back, man!" he proudly replied.

"We're not back together!" Jade added, playfully teasing, though deep down she wasn't sure if she wanted to get back with him so easily.

Rafe arched an eyebrow, taken aback by her response. "Oh really?" he mocked, a smug smile growing on his lips. "Then why were you screaming my name in the car 15 minutes ago, huh?"

Sam, too drunk to understand the comment Rafe made about his little sister, simply laughed before dancing away.

"Rafe!" exclaimed Jade, casting him a panicked glance, both of them aware that her brother wouldn't have let such a comment slide if he hadn't been under the influence of alcohol.

Rafe, completely indifferent, just let out a mischievous laugh before enticingly pressing his lips against hers, initiating a passionate kiss.

After a moment, she slowly broke the kiss and smiled at him. "I'm gonna let you sell your stuff," she said as she started walking away.

He seized her hand, refusing to let her slip away, and drew her closer to him. "Stay with me," he asked, wrapping his arms around her and planting a few kisses on her neck. "I want them to know you're mine."

•••

Sitting on a couch next to her ex-boyfriend, who was more devoted to selling illicit substances than giving her affection, Jade found herself growing increasingly bored. She had just savored the last drop of her third beer of the evening, and although a subtle buzz began to envelop her senses, she decided to have a fourth one to pass the time.

"Oh Jade, I've been dying to ask you this question!" exclaimed Lydia, who had joined them earlier. "Who's better in bed, Rafe or JJ?"

Her ex-boyfriend burst into laughter, oblivious to the discomfort the question caused, too preoccupied with making money. Jade shot a hateful glance at the girl, ready to retort, but Rafe beat her to it.