1.4

Artemis walked up the steps of Olympus, her mind replaying the odd interaction with the Demigoddess two nights before. Percy Jackson had not left her thoughts since Sophia had told her story. 

Something didn't sit right with the goddess. 

Percy was too powerful, too well-adjusted to divine power to have just discovered her heritage. She was strong and the scars on her body told a story of her battle training. Percy was a true hero and yet none of the gods had ever spoken of her. 

Were the fates keeping her hidden? Or perhaps Poseidon didn't want his lovely daughter to catch any of the gods' attention. She was practically crafted to start a fight among the gods for her hand. She could practically hear the sonnets her brother would write already. 

The thought gave her pause. 

If she was ever to convince Percy to become a huntress, Apollo must never know of her. Something deep within Artemis recognized that her brother would be absolutely besotted with the beautiful little anomaly. But Apollo was not known for happy endings and the fates' eyes were already following the little sea princess. No, Apollo can never know of Percy Jackson. 

Or Aphrodite. 

Or Ares. 

Or Dionysus.

Or Zeus.

Maybe Percy was right to fear the attention of the gods. She already caught Hermes' attention and her own. 

Artemis waited until after the council meeting to approach the escaping Hermes. Apollo watched her asking where she was going, only to receive a suspiciously vague answer in return. 

Apollo watched as his twin left his side, not something uncommon...

"Hermes!" She called out to her half-brother, now THAT was uncommon. Apollo watched the interaction with suspicion as Artemis pulled a confused Hermes into the hall. 

Much too interested to just ignore, Apollo slipped behind the pillar next to the door in order to listen to the whispered conversation between his twin and his brother. 

"Listen... whatever you think I did, it was Dionysus' idea!" Hermes started, only partly joking until he saw the serious look on Artemis' face. 

"You haven't done anything... I had a strange interaction with a demigoddess and I want to know what you know of her." Artemis started, staring into Hermes' soul.

The younger god got slightly uncomfortable under Artemis' extreme scrutiny before recognition lit up in his eyes, quickly fading to anger, "Tell me you didn't bring her into your hunt." 

Artemis watched his reaction with intrigue, "No... She refused my offer after saving my newest huntress. She would accept no reward... and yet she accepted your hospitality and I want to know why." 

Hermes visibly relaxed and a smug smirk took over his handsome features. "Yes, well she is an odd little thing. Percy Jackson, the first daughter of Poseidon, made for legend don't you think? Pretty as a goddess too- OW!" Hermes hissed after Artemis hit his arm. 

"What?! You can't deny she is a lovely thing." Hermes teased dodging another swing from the maiden goddess. 

"She is a maiden warrior! She is not to be ogled at or drooled over by loin-driven lords! I want you to swear to me, you won't draw the attention of the others to her. Already the fates have set their eyes on the poor girl, she doesn't need gods throwing themselves at her as well." Artemis hissed in her rage. 

Apollo remained hidden behind the pillar, baffled by the conversation his siblings were having. A Demigoddess of the sea god? That is interesting. But how could none of them have known about her?