The Caretaker-Part 4

"She's regaining consciousness." A nurse said telepathically in some sort of hospital. "How do you feel?" asked the doctor telepathically to T'Rina. "What am I doing here? Where am I?" she asked, as Harry woke up too, a nurse went over to him "please don't try to move yet. You are both very ill." she said, Kamisa scoffs "ill? No, no. There's some mistake. I'm not" Harry trailed off seeing growths on his forearm and chest. "No!" yelled a woman, named B'Elanna., T'Rina notices she's half Klingon, B'Elanna leaps off the bed, pushes the doctor away and tries to force open the door. The nurse summons help as B'Elanna beats up the doctor. Two medics enter and hold her as the doctor gives her a hypo to knock her out again.

Harry looks at T'Rina "you're T'Rina Semara, aren't you?" he asked, T'Rina nods "how'd you know?" she asked "you're the Federation's first Vulcan, Betazoid hybrid" said Harry, T'Rina tries not to sigh, she was always told she was the first Vulcan Betazoid hybrid, she knew it. "I know, I also grew up in San Francisco" said T'Rina, Harry looked surprised "where?" asked Harry wondering if she grew up with anyone he knew "Santa Rosa" said T'Rina, "Santa Rosa? Do you know the Paris family, they come from a long line of Starfleet officers and they've always lived in Santa Rosa" said Harry, T'Rina looked down, her hand touching a locket sitting around her neck, Tom gave it to her for her sixteenth birthday, she never let it go, "T'Rina?" Harry asked "I did know the Paris'" said T'Rina "not very well though" she lied.

"Captain's log, stardate 48315.6. We've traced the energy pulses from the array to the fifth planet of the neighbouring system and believe they may have been used in some fashion to transport Kim, Semara and Torres to the planet's surface." said Kathryn in her log.

"Come in." said Kathryn in her Ready Room. "Captain, I've observed something peculiar about the pulses. They're getting faster." said Tuvok. "Faster?" asked Kathryn. "The interval between each pulse has decreased by point four seven seconds since we arrived. I can offer no explanation." said Tuvok. "That's only one of the mysteries we're dealing with, Mister Tuvok. Take a look at this." said Kathryn. A scan of the planet on her desk monitor. "It's virtually a desert. Not one ocean, not one river. It has all the basic characteristics of an M-class planet except there are no nucleogenic particles in the atmosphere." said Kathryn. "That would mean the planet is incapable of producing rain." said Tuvok. "I've studied thousands of M-class planets. I've never seen an atmosphere without nucleogenics. There must have been some kind of extraordinary environmental disaster. As soon as repairs are complete, we'll set a course for the fifth planet." said Kathryn going over and staring out the window. "Captain, you require sleep." said Tuvok.

"Kim's mother called me just after he left her. Delightful woman. He's her only son. He'd left his clarinet behind. She wanted to know if she had time to send it. I had to tell her no. Did you know he played clarinet in the Julliard Youth Symphony? And Semara? I've never met her before, but she sounds like a fine woman, and a good mother" said Kathryn gesturing to T'Pel whom she allowed to sit on her ready room couch. "I didn't have the opportunity to meet Mister Kim however you're right about T'Rina, one thing she never revealed however was the identity of T'Pel's father which confused me but Vulcan's do not pry" said Tuvok. "I barely knew him. I never seem to have the chance to get to know any of them. I have to, I have to take more time to do that. It's a fine crew and I've got to get them home." said Kathryn. "The crew will not benefit from the leadership of an exhausted captain." said Tuvok. "You're right as usual. I've missed your counsel, Tuvok." said Kathryn "I am gratified that you came after me so I can offer it once again." said Tuvok. "I spoke to your family before I left." said Kathryn. "Are they well?" enquired Tuvok. "Well, but worried about you." said Kathryn. "That would not be an accurate perception, Captain. Vulcans do not worry." said Tuvok. "They miss you." said Kathryn. "As I do them." said Tuvok. "I'll get you back to them. That's a promise, Tuvok." said Kathryn.