6 Make me

Harvey's POV

Harvey's POV

The car ride to the place where I am going to be staying with her for the next five years is eerily quiet. Two words is all she spoke to me.

I do.

And they will haunt me for the rest of my life. I step out of the car and before I could go over her side, she steps out of the car and stands there taking in the view.

"This is.." she squeaks then clears her throat, her expression changes into the professional calm that she puts on.

"Yes" I reply because I know exactly what she meant. An old habit never really goes away. She never saw this house made. We stayed at my parent' house and when Grandma gave me her permission to build a house on the estate, Chahat was very much a big part of my life so this house was more hers than mine. It's a shame she never saw her vision come to life like I did, and even when I hated her for what she did, I couldn't scrap this place.

"Let's get in, I have a meeting in an hour." I tell her and head towards the main door.
Once we are inside, I get straight to the point, not wanting to drag this more than needed.

"There are some rules that you will follow. The housekeeping staff comes at noon for cleaning. If you need a cook, let me know so that I can hire one. The bedroom is on the first floor. You are strictly not allowed to go anywhere near the master bedroom. Any questions?"

She shakes her head.

"No. I understand. Thank you."

"Good. You are not allowed anywhere near my family. Grandma El's house, my parent's house, Emma and Gabriel now have their own house now and my family is strictly to be avoided unless I am with you which will be rare. I don't want you in their lives again. I don't want them to see you as one of them again. Especially not as my wife, that place is for someone else, and after this sham is over in five years I don't want my future wife to live under your shadow."

The moment the words leave my mouth her face crumbles. It was a dick move even for me, after knowing what a shitty childhood she has had saying this to her feels cruel but I never claimed to be a good man. There is no way I am letting her or myself forget what this is. Especially not when my family is willing to take her in with open arms even after her betrayal.

"Do you understand?" I ask wanting a verbal response.

"Yes" she whispers and I know those words affected her more than they should have. And before I do something crazy like wrap her in my arms to soothe her, I get the fuck out of here.

"Good. I am going for a meeting."