Chapter 6: Flashbacks

Trigger Warning: This contains parts of Y/N's backstory. He is alcoholic and abusive. If this topic is sensitive to you, I suggest skipping this chapter. Love you all, and take care <33333333.

Several years earlier, before the nations we know today, when Dream, known then as Clay, and Y/N, were only 14, in the Destrosan Kingdom...

Clay walked to his father's room with a gulp. He could hear the yells through the thin walls of their castle. You'd think they'd be rich enough to build better walls, but their father never cared what could be heard. Clay could hear timid whispers in the room, and their father's yells. "SHUT UP!" their dad yelled, and Clay jumped. Maybe he shouldn't go there, after all. "Uh, Clay?" Y/N asked, coming in through their door with some berries from the nearby forest. "What's happening?" she asked nervously, though part of her already knew. Their father had been drinking. Again. Ever since he brought in his new royal advisor, who promised to bring more wealth to the kingdom, everything in the twins' life crumbled. Their dad and his advisor became great friends. That's how he got introduced to alcohol. And once he had it, he didn't stop. "Come on Y/N. Let's go practice sparring." Clay whispered, as more yells came out of the room. She nodded, and they both went outside, with the two wooden swords they made together one day, intending to learn how to fight. "High guard!" Clay yelled, and she rose the sword above her head to complete the stance. "Tail guard!" he yelled, and she switched. This went on for hours, practising stances, sparring, laughing their heads off when the other failed. The happiest moments of their lives were during these moments. Just the two of them, practising not because they needed to, but because they could. "En garde!" Y/N yelled, and Clay smiled. They begin to fight, swords knocking against each other, laughing every time either of them got close. Until their dad came out. "Y/N! WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE SWORD FIGHTING WITH YOUR BROTHER?! GET INSIDE RIGHT NOW!!!" their dad yelled. You see, he was of the old-fashioned type. Especially when he drank. Y/N's eyes widened in fear, as their father came outside and grabbed her by the arm, dragging her to the castle. "Wait, dad! It was my idea!" Clay yelled, and their dad continued to drag her inside to their room, closing the door behind them. "Oh Y/N, you fucked up." their father muttered, and slapped her across the face. "Dad, I'm sorry, please." Y/N begged, when his eye glossed over, and he collapsed on the ground. Clay immediately comes in. "Y/N, are you okay?" he asked worriedly. "Yeah, but dad..." she trailed off, looking where he fell worriedly. "I'll take care of him, you stay here and rest." Clay said, before lifting him up, and carrying him into the room. That's when he saw the blood. Blood left on the floor from his meeting earlier, probably. As he carried their father to the bed, he saw the body. He dropped his father on the floor in shock. "Ow, what was that for." their father said, rubbing his head. "What, what did you do?" Clay asked, tears brimming his eyes. "What had to be done." he said evilly. "You're a monster" Clay snarled. "For what? He was plotting to overthrow the kingdom. He tried to kill me. All I did was self-defence." he stated, eyes narrowed. "He was one of your people!" Clay yelled. "And so are you. So be careful how you speak to me, young man." his dad warned. Clay just shook his head. "Hey! Your sister was lucky I didn't get angrier then I did. Next time, she might not be so lucky!" he yelled, grabbing a bottle of vodka that was on his nightstand, and taking a large sip. Clay turned around rapidly, wide-eyed. "You wouldn't" Clay whispered. "Go to your room." their father muttered. And Clay ran. To his room, where Y/N lay asleep. Clay sat on his bed, tears in his eyes, not knowing what to do, their father admitted that he would kill him, kill his sister. He sat there, late in the night, until finally, he knew what to do. He packed his bags, and his sisters. Packed food, and swords, he stole from the guards nearby. Finally, he grabbed two white plates, and drew smiley faces on them with black ink. He poked holes in the eyes, tied them with string, and put his on to hide his tears. He went to his and his sister's room. "Hey," he whispered, shaking her gently. She yawned, waking up slowly. "Yeah, Clay? What is it, why are you wearing a mask?" she asked, stretching. "I'll explain later. Put this on, and follow me." he whispered, handing her a mask. Then, quick as lightning, they climbed out the window, and jumped on the grass. "Start heading that way, I'll catch up." he whispered, handing her a sword from his bag, and she started running towards the forest. He looked up towards the castle, with a frown, before running towards his sister. "Clay, we need to run" she said urgently. "Why?" he asked, before widing his eyes on what his sister saw. Zombies, skeletons, creepers... the monsters he thought were fairy tales, they were all real. "Hurry, climb that tree!" Clay pointed worriedly, and they climbed and hid in the branches. "Can you tell me what's happening now?" Y/N asked worriedly. Clay sat, not knowing what to say. "Dad died." he said suddenly. "WHAT?!" Y/N cried out in shock. "We need to go back, I need to see him!" she said, tears brimming her eyes. Clay shock his head in shock. No matter how he treated her, she cared about their father, she loved him. He does not deserve that. He doesn't deserve anything. "We can't go back." Clay said urgently. "Why?" Y/N questioned again, brows furrowed. Clay had to come up with something, quick. "We were - we were banished Y/N! Accused of causing his death." he whisper-shouted. "Now get some rest, please." he said, and she nodded, closing her eyes and laying down. The two twins laid down in the tree, until morning. 

The twins woke up with the sun shining brightly, masks thankfully preventing it from going in their eyes. Eating the bread that Clay packed for breakfast, they began running from the kingdom, leaving everything they had behind. Years past, until they were both 17, and far, far, away from the place they called home, and they discovered a small clearing, on the edge of a lake. "Clay, look, it's beautiful! Can we stay here, at least for a while?" Y/N begged. "Sure, let's call it, the SMP!" Clay cheered, and they began to build a house, and create a place to call home. 

"Excuse us, sorry to bother you, but we were wondering if we could stay here for a while?" two boys asked a few months later. They had come knocking on the door while Clay was out hunting, so it was just Y/N. Times were barren, and dry, barely any food could be harvested. People were dying. "Of course, come in, my names Y/N!" she said sweetly, ushering them inside and getting them some berries they had collected earlier. "Thank you so much. My names Sapnap, and this is my friend, George," the boy introduced. "Nice to meet you both! My brother will be home in a few minutes, I'm sure he'll be excited to meet you!" she said, happy to have someone other than her brother to talk to. Just as she predicted, her brother came home a couple of minutes later. "Oh hey! Sapnap, George, this is my brother-" she started, but Clay interrupted. "Dream, my name is Dream." he said. Y/N raised her eyebrows but shrugged. "Dream, is it okay if they stay with us for a while." Y/N asked. Dream nodded, holding a hand out for them to shake. "George, Sapnap, welcome to the SMP." Dream said, grinning under his mask. 

"George, Sapnap, I'm going to be out for the day. Make sure Y/N is safe." Dream ordered, and they nodded. "Yes sir" Sapnap joked with a mock salute, before he departed. It took him several hours to get to where he was headed, and he was shocked. Destrosan, once a beautiful country, now in shambles. The people, dirt poor, gaunt, and tired. The houses, all in shambles. But the castle stood tall and dark, in all its glory. Dream walked in no problem. The guards were all gone. There was no one left. He went to his old room first. Everything covered in dust and cobwebs, but relatively the same. It looked the same as it did, but felt like the room itself was holding its breath. It was lifeless. He went to his father's study next, where his father sat, older, dressed in royal robes, a large bottle of wine on his desk. "What do you want?" he yelled gruffly. He was drunk. Again. "It's me, Dad." Dream muttered. "Clay?" his father asked. "It's Dream now, Dad." he said. "How was I supposed to know? You are wearing a fricken mask!" he replied with an eye roll. "What... what happened to the kingdom?" Dream asked. "The kingdom is perfectly fine. And I am even richer!" his dad laughed. "Dad, they are suffering!" Dream yelled. "So? Maybe if they actually worked, they'd have the money to pay for their stuff." his dad, the king, yelled back. Dream shook his head. "I thought you'd have changed. I was wrong." Dream muttered. Dream walked to the door as his dad shouted curses and threats at him. Only one caught him off guard. "YOU ARE NO SON OF MINE!!!" the king yelled. Tears filled Dream's eyes, tears he would never show. "Goodbye then... Schlatt"

A/N Hello everyone! Hope you all are doing well. Can you believe that Schlatt is their father? Yeah, dark backstory, but this explains one of the reasons it hurt Y/N so much when she was exiled by Wilbur. Because she was exiled by her kingdom. Well, that's what Dream told her anyway. Dream also told her that he was dead, so that will also be a rude awakening. Anyway, if you have any suggestions/things you want in the story, comment, and I'll try to incorporate it into the story. Stay safe, drink lots of water, eat, and remember we care about you <3. Thank you so much for reading, and I can't wait to see you in the next chapter!

Word Count: 1807 words! :0

Until L'Manburg's Destroyed and Gone | Book Two of Love is a Warजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें