chap 1

The soft wind blew your long hair, tickling your neck and the backs of your shoulders. You breathed in the crisp morning air, and the breeze carried a familiar aroma, one of sweet cherry blossoms. They were in blooming season, and at their peak this spring.

The pink blossoming flowers bloomed all around you, like a pink heaven. You sat underneath one of the trees, savoring the refreshing shade on this warming day where the sun beat down harshly.

You inhaled the air, feeling it pool in your lungs and circulate the oxygen around your body, before exhaling, like blowing out a candle. Then you repeated your breathing cycle.

Your goal was to master total concentration breathing constant. Ever since shinobu had educated you about it, you felt as if it was an important task to obtain as a demon slayer climbing the ranks. It was a skill you should have mastered years ago, but you were completely unaware of it back then. This technique would make you much stronger now.

You didn't want to let her down, and you imagined her beaming and bright face shining with her warm smile when you informed her you had mastered the technique she taught you about. Your mouth curved up as the thought crossed your mind.

Your legs were crossed indian style, with your arms supporting you behind your back, leaning on the soft grassy ground. The grass blades beneath your fingertips swayed and flickered in the breeze, tickling your skin.

It was such a beautiful day out, with a sky with white puffy clouds like cotton that stood still in the azure blue sky. Days like this were getting more common, with the greyness and bareness of the winter finally gone and out of sight.

The scene infront of you was the calming town, that layed right near the hashiras headquarters. The headquarters weren't too far from here, and occasionally the hashiras would come visit this town and attempt to blend in with the rest of the residents, although their bright and unique fashion statements were dead giveaway that they were a demon slayer.

The hashiras were always ones you looked up to. Not only were you extremely honored to be getting trained by one, shinobu kocho, the insect hashira herself. Although you didn't have the same breathing technique as her, she taught you the necessary skills and techniques for you to become a skilled demon slayer just like her.

She was also excellent at her job, and though all the other mentors you had had, none amounted to the excellent work of the insect hashira. She was so kind and sweet, and so important to you.

Thankfully the demons had not been very active this season. It was a relief, to have a slight break from the back-breaking work of missions back to back.

The town was in the distance, although you could still make out the individuals calmly strolling throughout. The town itself was bustling today, with vendors shouting out every now and then trying to sell their products and the soft murmur of others voices.

Some people held hands as lovers, and others carried their babies. Kids ran and played together, with bright smiles illuminating their faces and laughs that came from their pure souls. It was such a wonderful sight to see, and even brought a smile to your own face.

You leaned your head up to the sky, where the cherry tree branches swayed and the petals landed softly on your face, before drifting away in the breeze.

Your eyes went back to the town, where you noticed something that stood out. It was the vibrant outfit of a hashira! The colors were prominent amongst the bland colors of the crowd, and really caught your eye.

The warm yellow contrasted nicely with the fiery red, akin to flames on the cape of the hashira. His hair seemed to match it aswell, with crimson tips and the rest was sunny yellow.