C.42- The Truth About Him

Chapter 42- The Truth About Him

Its been two days now, and I feel like I would die any second. I had no one else to talk to except for Stanley. My supposedly wedding with Antonio is just two days away. I don't know if someone even cared, did they even know that I was kidnapped?

I don't want to be stuck here. I don't want to be his wife. I just can't. What the hell am I supposed to bloody do here anyway?

"Breakfast Violet." Stanley-the other much nicer body guard- opened my cell door to hand me my food.

And as much as I hate to say this, the food wasn't bad at all. It seemed like it was made by the best cooks or chefs here.

I knew Antonio was rich enough to actually have a maid and a huge house but I didn't know he also had a great chef who could cook really really good.

"Thanks Stanley. What's he up to now?"

Stanley is the only person I talk to, but I talk to him when his partner Clyde isn't around.

Stanley was a nice twenty-six year old guy who's also going to college. He was in debt because he came to Antonio to ask for money to pay for his college tuition, and the only way that he could ever pay Antonio back was to be a loyal body guard to him.

"He went out to finalize some deals with Clyde twenty minutes ago. But they're probably going to be back by lunch." He answered through the closed door.

"Do- do you think someone would save me from this hell hole?" I asked looking down at my food.

I imagine Stanley shaking his head, "I sure hope so, before we got you into the car Antonio told Clyde to put up a post it note on the mirror at your hotel room's comfort room. Lucas would have probably noticed it."

There was a note?

Lucas knows?

Then why isn't he here yet?! Its been two f*cking days!

"What was written on the note?"

"I don't know Violet, I didn't see it, I was busy carrying your heavy ass to the car." He joked.

"I'm not that heavy you douchebag!"

"It must have been all those oreos you've been eating, Antonio told us about you obsession with oreos, that's why he told the maids to buy a bunch of oreos with different flavors."

Awwww.

When Antonio and I were still together he would spoil me to no end with Oreo cookies, it was always a different kind of flavor every time, and it made me fall in love with him more.

"Really? He did that for me?"

"Of course he did Violet, he may not show it well, but Antonio loves you. Heck, he loves you so much that he even kidnapped you, bought a really really expensive wedding dress, and locked you in this cell just so that he could marry you and make up to everything he did to you."

"How did you even know that? He stabbed the side of my stomach, and did you even hear what you said? Is that love?"

Stanley chuckled. "Yes Violet, he loves you. Years and years of watching you dating someone else was killing him, he went to rehab because of you, he was attending therapy sessions thrice a week for you, he changed because of you."

"What are you talking about? He hasn't changed at all. He was the same guy that I left years ago. I don't think a guy like him would ever change."

"Violet, you don't understand, Antonio is doing the things he's doing because he doesn't want to lose you again, yes he kidnapped you; but it was only because he knows you would never ever give him a chance to make it up to you. Yes, he sliced the side of your stomach, but it was only because he was shocked by your reaction, and he got carried away by the disappointment the proof that you were disgusted by him. He only did it because he was hurt. You probably don't know this, but ever since you got that miscarriage he blamed himself almost every day, he blamed himself because you left him, because you found someone better than him. He was so lost without you Vi."

Tears were falling down my eyes, I never knew I had that much of an impact to him. I loved him so much that it overwhelmed me of the fact that he changed in such a bad way. That's why I left in the first place.

"If he was lost and blamed himself for everything then why did he beat me? Why did he blame me for losing our Anthony? Our baby? Why did he let me leave like that? Why?"

"He was abusing you because he was taking drugs, didn't you notice? The only time that he would hurt you was when he was high. Whenever he sobers up and sees the damage he's done to you he would cut himself. Yes, he was suicidal, that's why he went to rehab, but by the time he got out it was already too late, because you were with Lucas. And didn't he tell you? He's out of the drug selling business. As much as its hard to believe he now owns a multi-million dollar company."

"H-how did he manage to do that?"

"Once he got out of rehab, he cut off all his contact with his drug selling business, he used the money he got to build his own empire. We're his bodyguard not because he was selling drugs, but because the media is always following him, plus the whole female population of Paris is chasing after him. At the age of twenty he was the most eligible bachelor in Paris or maybe France. Yet he still felt incomplete even with all those girls liking him, because he only wanted you."

"How did you even know all these things?"

"One thing Antonio learned in rehab and his therapy sessions is that he should never keep everything bottled up inside. I'm his best friend too Violet."

"What am I supposed to do now then?"

"I can't answer that question Vi, only you can answer that. But all I'm asking you is that please give him a chance to show you that he's changed, that he still loves you."

"But what about Lucas? What am I supposed to do with Lucas?"

"Let your heart decide Violet."

§§§§§§§§§

Shout out to my close friend Stanley!

Happy reading everyone.