10 | The Cabin

You arrived at the Zenin Estate and stared up at the gate, which led to a chunk of land that had to be bigger than your whole town.

"So... do we knock?" you asked Panda, who simple began to laugh and walked over to an intercom to the right of the gate. He pressed the button and said something into it, which resulted in the gate creaking open and allowing the two of you inside.

"Should we wait for Yuta and Toge?"

"Nah, Toge knows how to get in."

You walked in through the gate, then carried on through the traditional Japanese garden, over a small pond and along a pebble path to the front door. Panda took the knocked, which prompted a butler of some sort to open it.

"Move over!" someone inside snapped. A girl that looked remarkably like Maki stepped into the doorway, a glare that felt far too familiar aimed your way. If Maki had short hair and didn't wear glasses, she would look just like this person. "What do you want?"

"We're here to see Maki," Panda answered.

She scoffed and yelled into the house and Maki took her place in the doorway. "Oh, you're here." She waved for the two of you to come inside and you admired the traditional Japanese interior of the house, unlike the one in your home, which looked a lot like a cottage from the inside.

You walked passed a wall with swords displayed on it, another with a large family portrait that had scowling faces glaring at you.

Maki led you out another door, which led to a traditional Japanese garden, where Toge and Yuta were already waiting, their bags in tow and jackets around their shoulders.

"My chauffeur is on his way," Maki told the four of you. You stretched and lied back, regretting that you procrastinated on packing until the night before and stayed up until 2:00am, making sure you had everything.

The sky was still rather dark, since you all agreed to meet at 5:00am so you would get to the cabin by lunch, but there were no stars.

You and Panda had taken the metro together that morning to assure that you were going the right way, and it was still 4:45am, so the chauffeur found no reason to be there at that time.

Being rich must be strange. There were parts of your house you hadn't seen, someone could scream and you wouldn't hear it because you were on the other side.

Not that you could hear it either way, but... the concept was still strange.

"Maki, if you're rich, why spend all that money to look rich when you could get a cheaper house and be even more rich?"

"No clue, Y/N."

•••

Once the chauffeur arrived, you were relieved to see that it was a minivan and not a normal car. You would've died if you had to stay in there for hours and not even be able to move your legs properly.

Maki sat in the passenger seat beside the driver.

There were two rows with three seats in each in the back, so Panda and Yuta took the second row while you and Toge took the third, with a seat in between.

Everyone's luggage was expertly stored in the area behind yours and Toge's seat and you hit the road.

Panda and Maki were asleep within five minutes, while Yuta was very clear about where he got his dark eye bags from.

You were scrolling through photos on your phone, never having bothered to take videos. Most of them were of flowers you saw while on a walk or of your friends. There was a photo from when you graduated elementary with a dress that went up to your knees.