24. Melting a glacier

Hello! Here's your double update. Complete the target to unlock the new chapter!
Let me know your thoughts about the chapter in the comments.
Target: 100+ votes and 25+ comments on both the chapters.

Enjoy! 🤍

Siya's POV

It's been 5 days since I injured my leg. After the 3 days of bedrest, I felt way much better. Now I can walk perfectly without any support or help. There's a slight bruise but it will go away. I was hella bored in my hostel room. So, after pleading many times, Swati and Sid agreed on letting me come to the college.

While I was resting in my room, Sid used to call me to check up on me. He used to video call me and we would talk about books all the time. Well, I was the one to talk and he would listen attentively. Aarav and Raghav too, took great care of me along with Swati and Sid. I'm truly grateful to have such amazing friends.

Today, there was a basketball match in the campus and Sid was participating. Two days back he called me and told me about it. He used to play basketball during his school days. No wonder why that man is so tall.

Swati and I came to the college early as I was bored. Sid was with his team while Aarav and Raghav were volunteering to help in the setting up of the basketball court and other things.

About the finale, we aren't participating. Sid strictly said no and Swati, Aarav and Raghav supported him. Even though I agreed to them, I still want to participate with Sid. This was the first thing we were doing together and I didn't want leave it unfinished.

I've always been passionate about dance. If I were not studying Aeronautics, I would've probably been doing something in the dance industry.

Right now, I feel completely alright. I don't feel any kind of pain in my ankle and I can walk perfectly. I just need to be a bit careful while dancing, that's it. Sid is too caring and I know he wouldn't agree to it but how can I just give up?

This might just be an ordinary competition for others and the situation I am in right now, might just seem normal to make a decision to not participate but for me, it's different. I want to win this competition, not because Kabir challenged me but because I know that Sid and I together can be the best team. I want all our efforts to get a good and happy result.

Not knowing what to do, I called my Maa.

"Hello Siya, how are you?" she asked in her usual excited tone.

"I'm fine Maa, just wanted to talk to you about something," I said and she asked, "What happened beta? Is everything alright?"

I explained her my inner turmoil and she listened to me patiently.

"I don't know what to do Maa," I said with a sigh.

"My child, I understand what you are thinking right now. But Sid denied to participate for your well-being," Maa said with concern.

"I know Maa, I can understand why he said no but we've practiced so hard. I don't want our efforts to go in vain," I exclaimed.

Maa sighed and said, "Talk to you father," and passed the phone to Papa.

I told him the same thing. After a few moments of silence, Papa finally spoke, "Do you really think you can manage with your leg?"

"Yes papa," I exclaimed.

"Alright then, if the doctor agrees and if you assure me that you won't hurt yourself while dancing, I stand by your side in your decision," he said with an assuring smile.

"Thank you so much, Papa! But ek problem hai," I said with a pout.

"Ab kya?" Both my parents asked in unison.