|28| college

Vote, Comment down your thoughts, add book to your reading list.

Meehira__writes❤️ Follow your Author.

Sorry for late update, wasn't writing anything, my eyes were hurting badly, due to increased screen timing, firstly due to my studies and next, this story.

____

Later, after the lunch, I was reclined on the bed, engrossed in my book, while Vaibhav lay beside me, still exhausted from the day's travel and work. Despite my attempts to rouse him for lunch, he remained in a deep slumber, prompting me to bring his meal to the bedroom and coax him into eating before he drifted off again.

Unintentionally, after a few moments, I found myself succumbing to sleep as well. As I awoke from slumber, my gaze naturally gravitated towards my husband, his tousled dark brown locks framing his handsome features. To my surprise, he held my book in one hand, his fingers tracing the pages with a gentle reverence.

A warmth enveloped the room, a stark contrast to the chilly atmosphere that had lingered throughout the past week, infusing the air with a newfound sense of comfort and tranquility.

It was a comforting sight, knowing he was back, and I was not alone.

"Did you sleep well?" he inquired with a grin as I sat up.

"I don't usually nap at this hour, but your sleepy aura must have rubbed off on me," I quipped, adjusting myself against the bed post.

"Remember having lunch? You were practically sleepwalking," I added, settling beside him and propping myself up.

"Hmm, I do, and Thank you for making sure I ate," he replied, tilting his head to look at me.

"My pleasure. Now, may I have my book back?" I requested.

"Sorry, but no. I'm rather engrossed in it," he said, flipping a page. For few minutes we didn't talk, I was just rubbing my eyes, trying to wake up properly, but an urge was bubbling inside me to sleep again, since when have I become this sleepy and always tired?

"Why is your luggage still packed?" he questioned, abruptly when my thoughts were on sleeping again.

"Oh, that. It's because of my books. There's no more space for them, so I left them as they were," I explained, turning to rise from the bed.

"You have the key to the study. There's plenty of room in there. You could have stored them there," he suggested, his focus now solely on me.

"Um, well," I hesitated.

"I assumed that you're quite particular about it, and you don't like others going in there," I confessed.

"And why would you think that?" he inquired, rising from the bed and placing the book down carefully, ensuring not to lose the page he was reading.

"Actually, before the wedding, Maa discussed it with me, she mentioned your study and how you prefer to keep it private," I explained.

"And?" he prompted.

"And she implied that you prefer not to have anyone intruding there," I concluded.

"I mean, you don't even let Aadarsh and Roshni in," I remarked, pondering if the alcohol stored there was the reason for his exclusivity.

"Is it the same day we first connected?" he asked, With a charming smile gracing his lips, it was evident that he was reminiscing about the day we inadvertently connected over the call, sharing a moment of silent connection that spoke volumes without a single word uttered.