20

now at the airport, jacob and i were on the line about to go through security. this is my least favorite part of flying, it's always so stressful and overwhelming. i often find myself getting nervous because of all the yelling going around.

jacob seemed to notice the anxious look on my face. "you alright?" he asked me calmly. i smiled and nodded though it was quite obvious something was bugging me.

jacob sighed, "you're not nervous about meeting my family are you?" i shook my head and spoke softly, "no i just hate airport security, that's all."

jacob let out a sigh of relief, to hear i wasn't scared to meet his family. he kissed my forehead. "i'm here for you, rosaline, i'm right by your side." i smiled at his words of reassurance, before being called up to go through all of the security checkpoints.

jacob followed behind me, making sure i had no difficulties or any troubles going through the security checkpoints. once i got finished i waited for jacob as he went through the scanner. when he finished, he came onto the other side to meet me, he wrapped an arm around me, and we started to make our way to the gate.

"see? that wasn't so bad was it?" he asked, causing me to smile. "yeah, it wasn't so bad."

now that we were finished with the security, i was no longer feeling any tension, i felt stress free as i walked with jacob towards the gate. "how much time do we have before they start boarding?" jacob checked his watch before answering, "mmm about an hour. you wanna get something to eat before we board?"

"you read my mind." i said as we walked to the direction of a chick-fil-a.

after we ate, we walked to our gate. jacob took my hand, leading us to the gate. as we got to the gate, we both looked at the big monitor to see that the flight is on time and will be ready in twenty minutes. jacob looked at me and spoke. "that means we have like...15 minutes before we board. what do you wanna do?" i tilted my head like i was thinking, "let's just grab a seat and wait. there's nothing else to really do."

jacob nodded in agreement and led me to two seats that were available, he sat down and brought me down to sit next to him. "so tell me about your family, i wanna know what to expect."

jacob laughed as he took a breath. "well my parents are very down to earth people. my mom, charlotte, owns a bakery and she's also a yoga instructor. my dad, noah, has his own successful business, but he can be a hardass sometimes. my sister, chloe, is in college, studying psychology and she's the most sweetest, kindest girl you will ever meet. and my brother, lucas, is married to the love of his life, and he's an adventurer yet a very health conscious person, so he'll be on your ass about eating healthy."

"wow...so you're close with them right?" jacob nodded as he rubbed his thumb on my hand. "they're gonna love you, baby. i know it already."

we stayed seated, waiting for the boarding to begin. once it did, jacob took both of my hands and pulled me up with him. we walked onto the plane, and found our seats.

INSTAGRAM
thedishroom

INSTAGRAMthedishroom