chapter 8 : unveiling the power within

The evening sun casts a warm glow through the windows of Scoups' apartment, painting the cosy space in golden hues . The members of seventeen lounged comfortably on the plush sofa , engaged in lively conversation as they relaxed after a long day .

" Shua , you said that you were a blogger or something right ?" Dk questioned Joshua , who was sitting next to him on the long couch.

" Yes , I am . Really guys , this parallel world Joshua is something else ," Joshua replied with widened eyes , looking at his members.

" What was your blog name again ?" Jun questioned.

" Wanderlust Chronicles......?"

" Oh , I saw it in a newspaper. This parallel world Mr. Shua is very amazing. Even my manager follows him."

" Ji sun , would you like some coke ? or what ?" Scoups asked Ji sun , who was sitting at the edge of the sofa , listening to their conversation.

" Anything is ok for me ." She replied, glancing at Scoups as he prepared drinks in the kitchen.

" Ji sun , what are the other groups you like ?" Hoshi asked curiously, turning his gaze towards her .

" I really like stray kids ! They're --"

" Are you cheating on us ?" Seungkwan interjected, his voice strict as he looked at Ji sun .

" But you guy--"

" You said that you are a Carat right?"

" Stop it Seungkwan, you are making her afraid. And why can't she like other groups?" Jeonghan patted seungkwans back, chuckling. Confused , Ji sun kept staring at Seungkwan.

" Drinks are here !" Scoups announced as he placed the tray on the stool , taking a seat next to Jeonghan.

As the members took their drinks , Joshua offered one to Ji sun , who accepted it with a shy smile .

" Now tell us , who is your bias ? You can't say you like everyone. You always mentioned that in your fan letters, but I really want to know who you like the most ," Seungkwan pressed , taking a sip from his glass .

" You are really troubling," Ji sun muttered, feeling slightly annoyed.

" I heard that and I'm older than you !" Seungkwan retorted , teasing her .

" Only a few years that won't count!" Ji sun retorted back , her voice tinged with annoyance.

" Oh yeah then take this ," seungkwan suddenly threw a pillow at Ji sun with his free hand , holding his glass in the other . " Because it's a few years that won't count!" He teased .

Ji sun caught the pillow with her right hand , shooting Seungkwan an annoyed look .

" Stop bullying her , seungkwan " Dk said , noticing Ji sun's irritation.

" She is just like my sister. If she doesn't care , what's the problem with you ?" Seungkwan replied with an annoyed expression.

Meanwhile, the other members laughed at their never-ending banter .

Suddenly, the door to scoups' apartment burst open with a loud thud . The members turned to see three masked men entering, their expressions menacing as they strode towards the sofa .

Without a word , the intruders launched themselves at Seventeen, fists flying as they attacked with surprising speed and strength. The members sprang into action , defending themselves against the sudden assault.

Instinctively, Joshua moved to shield Ji sun, while Dk positioned himself protectively beside her .

Scoups reacted instinctively, his body moving on his own record as he tried to shield his members from harm . As one of the assailants drew a gun and aimed it towards Dino , scoups raised his hand in a desperate attempt to protect his friend.