4.

"What do you want for your birthday?" Jeremy asked me from across the table. I glanced around the little diner.

"I'd take a new squishmallow." I snickered as he rolled his eyes.

"You have like a hundred of them. You don't need another one." He scolded and I kept giggling.

"They are comfy! And cute! The more the merrier."

"You're going to run out of space in that room of yours."

"I think I'm going to buy one of those net things. You hang it in the corner and it's like a little hammock for all your stuffed animals. I'll put the Squish army up there." I explained.

"An army." He deadpanned.

"The big cow is the general. I think he'd be too heavy to put up there though." The cow was one of the bigger squishmallows I owned. He stayed on the side of the bed I didn't sleep on. I used him when I was reading or crafting.

"For real, what do you want for your birthday?" He asked again.

"I don't know. Can't really think of anything. Maybe some yarn. I think I want to make a giant blanket. I found a really cute flower pattern. Except I found a cute little forest cross stitch pattern and I got so distracted by the real housewives of New York that I started stitching crooked and I made a whole tree at an angle before I caught it. Are you caught up on big brother?"

"Yes. If Clare doesn't win, I'm going to be pissed. And how much yarn are we talking?"

"Like...a lot. I don't even know if I'm going to do it. It's just a thought I have."

"18 is a big deal. And I don't think most 18 year olds are asking for yarn for their birthdays." He laughed.

"Well what are most 18 year olds asking for then? I already have everything."

"I don't know. You're right. If there is anything fucking Mick Foster is good for, at least he spoils the shit out of you."

"I'm not spoiled!" I argued and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"What's your allowance?" He asked as if to prove a point. I chose not to answer him because we both knew the answer.

"Hey guys, I have the cheeseburger and onion rings?" A waitress interrupted and I pointed to Jer. "And a side salad?" I pointed to me, think about how cliche our meals were.

"Anyways, I think I'm going to make myself some chocolate chip cookies instead of cupcakes like normal. I've been craving them and I think 18 is a good year to start a new tradition. A cookie tradition." I picked a cucumber off the salad with my hand and ate it.

"We do love some homemade cookies." Jer took a massive bite.

I glanced down at my phone that vibrated on the table to see Jake's name across the screen with a new text. He text me a few days ago asking how I was liking La Push and it was a little awkward at first but we picked up a rhythm. It was weird to text someone so much but I didn't hate it. It was actually kind of nice to have someone to talk to all day.

'Isn't he a lot older than u?' He texted, referring to Jeremy because I told him we were at lunch together.

'Aren't u a lot older than me? lol' I responded and saw the bubbles pop up instantly that he was responding.

'3 years isn't much.'  I wanted to correct him and say it was actually closer to two years but I didn't want to be that person bragging about my birthday.

'But ya. He's 31. But he acts much grumpier' I snickered to myself.

"Who are you texting?" Jeremy broke through my thoughts.