11

Aakriti's Pov

"Mujhe kya kya aata hai ye tum abhi kaha janti ho, Aakrit" He whispers.

I could feel my heart thumping against my chest.

Not knowing how to reply to his double meaning comment, I just stood without speaking.

"Kya help chaiye batao" He asks me,in yet teasing tone.

(What help you need)

"Rishabh ji" I breath out, still feeling so timid in his presence.

"Waise toh I don't mind seeing you all blushing, but pehle khana ka dekh le late ho rha hai" He huffs.

(Not like I mind seeing you all blushing, but shall we look after the dinner, it's getting late)

Phirse khana ko leke shuru ho gaya.

"Haa take some flour and knead it" I inform him.

"Abhi tak roti nahi bani" He asks, nevertheless taking out the flour in a big bowl.

Why would I ask him to knead the dough if the bread/chapati was already prepared.

"No, maa asked to serve hot chapatis" I inform him and he nods.

I turned my attention to the curry which was almost prepared.

He went completely silent, giving the dough his utmost attention.

Chalo kuch der ke liye shant hi rehne deti hu isse.

We both were indulged in our work and I was relieved he was not teasing me anymore.

"It's done" He said and without waiting for my reply he took out the rolling pin and started making perfect rounds.

"Wow, it's so perfect" I complimented.

"I told you, mujhe khana banana aata hai" he says proudly, "Ab rani sahiba aap baithiye aur hum roti banate"

(I told you, I know how to cook)

(Now my queen, you sit and let me do the work)

Even though I wanted to protest but I was so so so much tired I nodded.

He prepared all the chapati and I must say, he surpassed my expectations.

My mother in-law complained about dinner being served late, yet I was feeling blessed to have a husband who can cook.

After dinner, he accompanied me in the kitchen while I washed the dishes.

"Suniye" I called him.

(Listen)

"Hmm, sunaiye" He replies and there my heart flutters.

(Hmm, say)

Why I was feeling this with him when he wasn't even trying.

" Didi maike gayi hai toh mujhe bhi apne ghar ki yaad aa gyi "I confessed

(Didi has gone to her parents' house so it reminded me of my home)

" Aacha,toh hum chalte hai na "He says immediately.

(Okay, we'll go)
I was relieved that he agreed, I can officially say that Rishabh ji is a good human and not some saddu khadoos husband I was expecting him to be.

" Bas ek baar maa se puch lete hai"He added.

(But let's us ask mother first)

Here we go agian.

" Par woh mana kar di toh"I asked, getting worried.

(What if she declines)

The relation I share with that women, there is no way she say yes for my happiness.

"Toh hum  nahi jayenge, Aakriti" He says as a matter of fact.

( Then we will not go Aakriti)

Unbelievable.

This man is Unbelievable.

"Par Rishabh Ji, woh mere mata pita hai. Agar m jivan bhar app logo ke saath yaha rehne wali hu toh kamse kam mujhe usne kabhi kabhi milna ka avsar toh milna chahiye" I protest.

(But Rishabh, they are my parents. If I am going to stay with you all for my whole life, at least should get to meet them time to time)

How could he just say no.

"Aakriti m zindagi bhar ke liye tumhe unse dur nahi kar rhu, jab jab maa ki razamandi hogi tab tab hum chalenge"He slightly raises his voice, making me flinch.

(Aakriti, I'm not seperating you from them, whenever mom will agree we will go to meet them)

" How could you? they are my parents"I shout.

" Yeah, and she is my mom"He rolls his eyes.

" I know that but I want to meet my parents, you're my husband I am asking you to take me there. Now from where the hell your mother's permission coming in between, If she asks you to stop providing me food will you stop? if she asks you to stop talking to me would you not? if she tells you to throw me out of the house will you do that? if she asks you to divorce me will you listen to her? I said getting angry.

Why can't he see that his mom doesn't like me and she will never never, bring peace to me.

"Why are you such a mother's dog" I shouted at him.

" Shut the fuck up ,and don't forget you're the daughter in law of this house " His neck vein by the intensity he was using in his voice " You can't do whatever you wish, she is my mom and I ask her before anything and everything I do and you'll do same wife. Fucking hell, learn to respect "

He storms out of the kitchen.

" But I just want to meet my parents "I whisper, a lone tear escape my eye and roll down my cheek.

I don't even know why we started arguing at first place.

Does his mother validation matters this much to him.

Will he believe that the wound on my hand was a gift of his mother.

Will he ever believe if I tell him about his mother's behaviour.

Why can't you see Rishabh ji?

I understand his love for his mother, but I have parents too.
I love them too.

And I am his wife, why can't he listen to me calmly.

I stood froze in my place, still trying to process our argument.

Still thinking where I was wrong and why he behaved this way.

And I also understood to never ever say anything off about his mother to him.

Your votes and reviews are appreciated.

Have a lovely day

All love
-Wanderer.