IV

Julia Allard's POV

I watched as the main hall was flooded with guests. There was no sign of Mommy. My younger brothers were there and andoon din sila Kuya. Pero ni anino ni Mommy, wala. I was about to cry when I heard Kuya Phoenix speak.

"Julia..."

I know what that means.

"I'm okay, Kuya..."

Napabuntong hininga na lang si Kuya.

"I'm not saying na you're not pero-"

I cut him off. "Then what are you trying to say, Kuya? That I should just cancel the party kasi hindi sumipot si Mommy? No, Kuya. I'm sick and tired of being ignored. I don't care if Mommy doesn't come. So what kung hindi sya mag-attend? Hindi katapusan ng mundo ko kasi I'm used to it. She's always been like this. So for once, I'm gonna be selfish."

Kuya Phoenix looked at me and nodded. "Okay. I understand."

Soon enough, dumating na sila Tere and sila Emerson.

"Omg! Happy birthday, Jules! I can't believe na 18 ka na! Congratulations on reaching adulthood!" magiliw na bati ni Miko.

Miko handed a gift wrapped box to me, as well as Peter while Tere and Emerson both handed a gift bag to me.

I turned and looked around. "Hindi ba sumama si Yuki?"

Miko looked at me and shrugged. "Sabi nya kanina, may mga dadaanan pa daw sya eh. Wag ka mag-alala. I'm sure he would be here soon. I doubt he'd miss it for the world."

It was then Emerson's turn to speak. "By the way, did you invite the entire senior high school faculty and your entire class? Kasi I think I just saw si Teacher Fiona, Miss Rie, and Sir Miles?"

Tumango ako habang tumatawa. "I did. Kasama si Sir Miles sa 18 roses kasi he's like a father to me. Tas si Miss Rie is one of the 18 wishes. And then, si Teacher Fiona is sa 18 treasures. Kasama din sila Teacher Leia and sila Sir Roy sa mga ininvite ko."

Natawa na lang ang mga friends ko sa balita ko. "Swerte mo rin eh."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting on my chair on the second floor, watching as the cottellion dance started. I watched as my classmates and my brothers danced along with my friends.

Just then, I heard the crowd cheer. I looked over to where they were looking and found Yuki on the bottom of the stairs, a bouquet of white and red roses in his hands.

As he climbed the stairs, narinig ko yung cheers and kilig na nanaigtig sa mga guests.

The moment he got to the top of the stairs, he gave me a boyish grin, walking up to me.

He handed the bouquet to me tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Happy birthday, Princess Julia."

Natawa na lang ako. "Bwiset ka naman, icocompliment ko na sana yung pagka-gentleman mo, nagbiro ka pa nang ganyan."

He laughed. "Well, I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Plus, I'm not lying. You do look like a princess. Prince Charming na lang, kumpleto ka na."

I smiled. "What if I don't need a Prince Charming? What if I am my own Knight in shining armor?"

He smiled, offering me his hand. "Then I will be your most honorable squire. But for now, let me have my moment as your Prince Charming. May I have this dance, Princess?"

I grinned as I placed my gloved on his. "You may."

He smiled as he helped me up, kissing my hand. "Great choice, my lady."

He carefully assisted me down the stairs, taking the lead while slowly helping me make my way down. He led me to the middle of the dance floor, flashing an excited smile. And I let him drag me to the middle of the dance floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuki Rosario's POV

I took Julia's hand, smiling. "You ready?"

I watched as she nodded.

I slipped a hand around her waist while I took the other one in my hand. She smiled as she placed one hand on my shoulder. She took a glance at my tuxedo and she smiled.

"Blue, yellow, and white. Like the one that the Beast wore."

Napatingin sya sa buhok ko at natawa. "You even have the same hairstyle."

I watched as her beautiful silver eyes fall unto the low ponytail that hung on my shoulder. I smiled. "Of course. I want everything to be perfect for you. You deserve it."

I watched as her eyes softened and a fond smile crept into her face. "Thank you..."

I stood there for a moment, dumbfounded by her beauty. But when I had collected myself, I smiled at her. "You look beautiful tonight. Like a real prigkipssa."

She laughed. "Did you learn that just for tonight? Grabe, Yuki. That makes me feel special."

I felt my smile grow bigger as she twirled, her dress spinning in the air. "Because you are special, Julia. And you deserve to feel that way."

I watched as her eyes brimmed with tears. I smiled as I carefully wiped them for her. "Don't cry, Princess. You'll ruin your pretty face. I prefer it kapag nakangiti ka. Ang ganda ganda kaya ng ngiti mo. Come on, Princess. Let me see your smile."

She giggled, playfully smacking my arm. "You're so talented at cajoling. Tell me, is that how you got so famous among the students at school?"

I smiled. "I feel flattered that you think I'm popular but this side of me is reserved for you and the others, Princess."

I watched as she squealed when I dipped her and the music stopped.

I picked up the trail of her dress, carefully para hindi malukot, and I helped her up the stairs.

As she sat down, I watched as she smiled.

"Thank you for that dance," sabi nya, a smile painted on her lips.

I nodded. "Anytime, Princess."

I kissed her hand one more time before turning to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joshua Turner's POV

I watched as the girl I like danced with her childhood friend whom she was clearly in love with. I sighed as I sat down, watching them dance.

"You seem sad, Joshua."

I looked up and it was Alicein Celeste Salvatore.

Kilala sya bilang isa sa mga pasaway na gangsters in school.

She handed me a cup and I eyed her. She smiled softly.

"Don't worry. This is Julia's birthday. I won't ruin it."

Eyeing her, I took a sip of the drink. From the corner of my eye, I saw her smile.

"You love Julia?"

I nodded. "With all my heart."

I noticed the smile on her face turning into an unreadable expression. "I see."

As I took another sip, she smiled.

"I know how you feel. And I understand... Yung nagkakagusto sa isang taong alam mong may mahal na iba."

I raised an eyebrow. "May gusto ka kay Yuki?"

She shook her head. "Nope. Not Yuki. Just someone who will obviously never love me back."

I smiled, raising my glass to her. "Well then, let's raise a toast to our unrequited love, then? Cheers?"

She smiled, clanking her glass with mine. "Cheers."